Unable to log in using IE 11 or latest Edge browser

Miram256

Hi, I have a problem with the subject. Everything was ok, but maybe about five days ago, I cannot log in to my account in case of using these browsers. Log in page appears, I fill in my credentials, but after clicking the submit button nothing happens. If I use Chrome, everything is ok.

Thanks for help.

Mira

Windows Pro Firefox 61.0.1

Is your browser auto-filling  your password?   if so, try highlighting it with your cursor, then click sign in.  See image below. If I don't highlight the auto-filled password, the site behaves as if the password is not   there.

Once it's highlighted, I can click sign in. I find this to be true on a lot of sites where my auto fill is invisible, unless I highlight it.

highlight autofill.jpg

6 hours ago, Miram256 said:

Hi, I have a problem with the subject. Everything was ok, but maybe about five days ago, I cannot log in to my account in case of using these browsers. Log in page appears, I fill in my credentials, but after clicking the submit button nothing happens. If I use Chrome, everything is ok.

Thanks for help.

Mira

There's definitely something weird going on.  I'm guessing it's partly browser cookies and partly URL changes.  I tested logging in just now. I had not much trouble in IE11.  But in Edge, I was presented with a blank screen, not even a log in.

Are you going to the exact URL https://www.geocaching.com? You didn't say that you use exactly that, but even if you do, it may be something to do with cookies or temp files.  Just throwing it out there. You didn't say if you already tried to clear browser data.

My "Open Microsoft Edge" default is to the old or new sorted search page (usually the old search in IE11), because I want it to "start" with a nice list of results.  In Edge, this is an immense web address.  This address doesn't seem to function anymore, at least after logout, trying to log in.  I'm getting a blank page.  Gonna have to go reconstruct that.  Maybe a fresh URL will do it.

Anyway, yes, it looks like site changes have caused web addresses to become confused.

I'm in no way inclined to troubleshoot it at this time.  There's a big "site update" in three days, and I don't feel like working on this twice.  I hope this can wait.  The good news is, your issue may be gone, or at least different, after that. :)

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1