Search / filter function

Deepdiggingmole

Seems the filtering is now not as good as before
An example

Show only my solved coordinates - now only has two options - on or off which means you get the full list or only those with solved co-ords 
before I could list just those that didn't have solved co-ords - this is the selection I want but can no longer pull up it seems - or am I missing something 

With this new change, it is interesting that they left the old map not merging it with the new.

From the main page (www.geocaching.com/play/search) you can click on View geocaching near you and get the regular map (www.geocaching.com/map), but by clicking on the search icon next to where the Filters button used to be, you get the new map (www.geocaching.com/play/map?st=&zoom=16).

So there is two versions "/map" and "/play/map". I suspect that when the new one is tweaked and bugs are essentially fixed, they will merge the two.

8 hours ago, Deepdiggingmole said:

Just noted I seem to have been used to test a new version - it didn't do what I need to do and so have opted out 

I'm curious. Were you given any notification that you were being used as a guinea pig? Others who were selected seem to have been caught off-guard too. You'd think TPTB would let each user know what was happening, but it seems like they just sprung it on them with no warning or guidance.

On 9/7/2018 at 8:46 PM, The A-Team said:

I'm curious. Were you given any notification that you were being used as a guinea pig? Others who were selected seem to have been caught off-guard too. You'd think TPTB would let each user know what was happening, but it seems like they just sprung it on them with no warning or guidance.

Sorry just seen this - back from holiday now
No I wasn't informed - I had to do a bit of digging to find out what it was about too - I needed to come out of it as it didn't do functions I needed prior to going on holiday - to be told if you come out of it you can't go back was a little rude I thought too - I'd have been happy to test it but as it didn't do what I wanted I had to pull out

Yesterday, I, too, encountered the "new search". I had just finished setting filters on the old filter page, when I suddenly was switched to the hew one. I found the filter button on top left allright, but a very essential filter is missing: distance to location! It seems to be pre-set to a very small distance, as the list produced shows only 5 caches around me, and this cannot be changed. A real bug!

• Upvote 1