Joined trackables?

d20636

I found a TB in a cache yesterday, and logged it as retrieved, when I noticed on the chain was also a Planetary Pursuit (PP) Geocoin (also trackable).

Looked into the PP, and saw it was released in CA, made its way east, and saw a photo of the laminated card, attached figurine and geocoin (but no TB).  

The TB was released around the time the PP made it to SC...and it would seem the PP was picked up in a cache on the other side of town (not logged out), and then may have had the TB attached.

(I have the feeling whoever moved it failed to realize the PP was a trackable - even tho'' it says "trackable"...)

I 'retrieved' the PP, realized I should have 'discovered' it at the cache it was actually in, but failed in cleaning that trail up - I've ended up with it in my possession and simply dipped it in the cache it showed up in, so there's at least a record of its stop there...

Which brings me to my Final Jeopardy question - do I move the two along as one unit now? 

32 minutes ago, d20636 said:

I found a TB in a cache yesterday, and logged it as retrieved, when I noticed on the chain was also a Planetary Pursuit (PP) Geocoin (also trackable).

Looked into the PP, and saw it was released in CA, made its way east, and saw a photo of the laminated card, attached figurine and geocoin (but no TB).  

The TB was released around the time the PP made it to SC...and it would seem the PP was picked up in a cache on the other side of town (not logged out), and then may have had the TB attached.

(I have the feeling whoever moved it failed to realize the PP was a trackable - even tho'' it says "trackable"...)

I 'retrieved' the PP, realized I should have 'discovered' it at the cache it was actually in, but failed in cleaning that trail up - I've ended up with it in my possession and simply dipped it in the cache it showed up in, so there's at least a record of its stop there...

Which brings me to my Final Jeopardy question - do I move the two along as one unit now? 

I don't see this trackable you say you Retrieved or "visited" in your inventory.   

You have one in your possession (with the default TB name...) that's stayed in SC, started with a "Grab" log, with a Retrieve log by you only.

Seems odd that a TO would "add" their trackable to another's.  Kinda rude, I think...

Different owners, they're two separate items.  I'd probably place them in two separate caches to attempt to keep it that way. 

4 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

I don't see this trackable you say you Retrieved or "visited" in your inventory.   

You have one in your possession (with the default TB name...) that's stayed in SC, started with a "Grab" log, with a Retrieve log by you only.

Seems odd that a TO would "add" their trackable to another's.  Kinda rude, I think...

Different owners, they're two separate items.  I'd probably place them in two separate caches to attempt to keep it that way. 

Went to my inventory and only saw the TB - went again and the PP shows again...kind of odd. 

I'll separate them as suggested - from what little I know it just seemed odd to have a TB tag travelling unattached to anything but feel it's definitely not my place to attach someone else's tag to something. 

Appreciate the help!

3 minutes ago, d20636 said:

Ugh - my dashboard show it in my inventory but my profile does not. Obviously my error in trying to correct the retrieval that should have been a discovery(?)...

I'll figure it all out one day - well that's the plan...:P

When you place a Retrieve, Drop , Discover, or Visit log on a trackable, it's noted in your public profile to others.

Your profile "dashboard" should say the same thing automatically. Haven't seen one that didn't (yet).     :)  

For more information on Trackables, we like that very-long page in the Help Center.

• Helpful 1
39 minutes ago, d20636 said:

Ugh - my dashboard show it in my inventory but my profile does not. Obviously my error in trying to correct the retrieval that should have been a discovery(?)...

I'll figure it all out one day - well that's the plan...:P

While attempting to correct TB logging, be aware that deleting a log does not undo the action.  You would need to make an actual log reversing the action and then make the correct log.  

• Helpful 2