GPX appear in show found

monkeyhanger

I had always used send to GPS function without issue to find over 10,000 caches in the last 12 years.

Used the download GPX for the first time at the weekend and checked all caches appeared in the GPX folder before disconnecting from my pc.

Arrived at caching location and turned on GPS and no caches to be found but all appearing as open chests on the map.

All caches were in the show found folder.

what was I doing wrong?

Caches you have not Found?

What brand and model of GPS?

Windows? Mac?

Have you tested things since?

Maybe provide an example GC number, or other info that may help narrow it down.

You can look at a GPX file, to see if the problem downloaded like that. It's just marked-up text.

Edited by kunarion

Correct, caches that I had not found.

Garmin Montana 600

Windows

I’ve not re-tested

Some of the GC’s were 1PTJK, 1PTJT, 1PTJD and all others in that series. Some others were 672PW, 6JFTT, 5KXY6.

All caches were downloaded from the ‘pop up’ that appears when clicking on the caches on the geocaching map.

Regards in advance.

52 minutes ago, monkeyhanger said:

Correct, caches that I had not found.

Garmin Montana 600

I also hava a Garmin Montana 600 and had an issue with unfound caches showing up in Show Found.  Mine did have a specific cause which the folks in the GPS subforum helped me track down.  In my case the caches were all my own, which I had not logged or marked as Found, but had logged as Needs Maintenance.  Turns out the GPS was interpreting NM as Found.  This is probably not what you are experiencing but I just thought I'd throw it out there.