Sign in to follow this  
Followers 16
Mineral2

Garmin GPSMAP 66 series announced on 2018-08-06

57 minutes ago, Geoticca said:

Does anyone have infos if the programmers of gpsmap66 are still alive?

there are waiting more then 70 (!!!) Bugs to be solved

https://www.gpsrchive.com/GPSMAP/GPSMAP 66/Common Issues.html

since a lot of months

Your counting is off. The bugs in green have been addressed and fixed. Bugs in orange are currently being fixed, or on the to-do list. Bugs in red Garmin has yet to verify. Keep in mind that gpsRchive is a community (or single user) run resource and is not an official Garmin information, though I wouldn't be surprised if some of the software engineers and/or project managers know about the page and check it against their internal knowledgebase.

Thanks for the information.  I did not realize the extent of GPS66 problems.  I'll buy one when it gets more stable.

11 hours ago, PeoriaBill said:

Thanks for the information.  I did not realize the extent of GPS66 problems.  I'll buy one when it gets more stable.

Every Garmin handheld in the history of Garmin has this many unresolved bugs.....

It started with the62 series. 

The 60csx had a better firmware (with accuracy circle)

it looks like, they changed the programmer team with the 62 series.

62, 64, 66 - all the same &§?*Ä (without accuracy circle)

16 hours ago, Geoticca said:

The 60csx had a better firmware (with accuracy circle)

Sorry, but the 60CSX had a million bugs when it came out as well.  Why do you want an accuracy circle?  It is just a made up number.

The 62 programming started a decade earlier with the Colorado.  It is across all the handhelds since then.

Edited by Red90

The accuracy circle is just a graphic circle with translated radius of the accuracy reported by the GPS module. Did Garmin produce the GPS module for the early models of 60CSx?

6 hours ago, _Art_ said:

The accuracy circle is just a graphic circle with translated radius of the accuracy reported by the GPS module. Did Garmin produce the GPS module for the early models of 60CSx?

Actually the accuracy circle is not that.  Is is a combined map and GPS accuracy.  Garmin did not make the GPS on that model.

On 11/21/2019 at 11:11 PM, Red90 said:

Why do you want an accuracy circle?  

Because you need ni extra data fiel on map page.

still no 2 data field display on map page - why?

That depends on your model. For the monochrome legend just prior, it’s your projected horizontal accuracy.

For 60 series, additionally map resolution, but that is constant, at least across a tile, so horizontal accuracy is the only variable that should change the radius.

Or are you saying the estimated horizontal accuracy from the GPS module is bunk?

I don’t recall ever watching NMEA while looking at that, but don’t remember thinking it was silly either.

It always seemed to decrease it’s radius as the position danced about (as they still do) finding a better position.