Car Sharing

Hi All,

New to these forum sections, so please excuse me if I don't respect any pre-agreed format, or if this category idea has been discussed or voted on before.

In more and more cities and countries, we are seing these car sharing systems popup.

I think we should have a category to publish these.

I have looked and found nothing similar. 

Are they already listed under another category?

Thanks,

BlackJack65

Edited by blackjack65

Maybe this is new, uncommon and interesting in some countries, but from a Swiss point of view, it is overprevalent. Every train station has dedicated car sharing parkings. There are dozens of car sharing companies with thousands of locations, plus some of the newer players do not even have locations at all: park the car where you want, a smartphone app will show you the closest available cars and works as car key when you have decided.

I've seen lots of zipcar and similar parking spots. I would be in favor of a category dedicated to zipcar spots if that's what you are trying to convey. I would also be in favor of rental car facilities (although this can get hectic at airports when there is one large facility to house many different agencies). In addition, I would be in favor of valet spots as well if that's what you mean. Not sure which of these you meant, but either one (or all) sound like good ideas. Not sure how the rest of the community feels.

Though I'm neither for nor against such a category, if one should come into existence, we will have a least one submission. We live in a fairly small city and had no idea that these were extant here, but we saw a "shared" car yesterday. Checked out their website and discovered that Kootenay Car Share has outlets in 5 cities and towns in  the region.

Keith