Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Les Pandas

Annoying feature of messaging service em e

An annoying feature of messaging system... by default, pressing return sends message straight away, so if I forget to disable the tick box at first, message is sent when I start a new paragraph. Can this be fixed. Thanks.

I find that  once you've UNCHECKED Press enter to send, it stays unchecked - ie, it's sticky.

You're having to recheck and recheck?

I agree with premise that the default should be UNCHECKED.

2 hours ago, Les Pandas said:

An annoying feature of messaging system... by default, pressing return sends message straight away, so if I forget to disable the tick box at first, message is sent when I start a new paragraph. Can this be fixed. Thanks.

The Message Center functions differently (or not at all) in various web browsers and versions of browsers.  Which OS and which browser have you tried?

I've been very fortunate in IE11 in Windows 10, that "Enter" hasn't started a new message.  Whether the "Line Feed", the intended space between paragraphs in fact occurred, that's been hit-and-miss.

I often fire up the good old Official Geocaching App to do MC.  I don't enjoy typing on a phone, but MC seems to work there.