Hide a cache question

kjaq

I want to place a new cache. How do I determine that where I want to place it, is with in the required distances of existing caches that may be hidden in the vicinity of where I place my new cache. I want to avoid it not being published due to being to close to another cache & having to keep going back to re-hide it. As of now it’s guess work. 

Edited by kjaq
10 minutes ago, kjaq said:

I want to place a new cache. How do I determine that where I want to place it, is with in the required distances of existing caches that may be hidden in the vicinity of where I place my new cache. I want to avoid it not being published due to being to close to another cache & having to keep going back to re-hide it. As of now it’s guess work. 

Some ideas are here.

I've had some luck by asking caching friends, especially when a saturated place has a suspiciously available cache spot.  Someone will say "That's a cool idea and on a totally unrelated subject have you found 'Multi-Cache X' yet?" :D

Or if you're lucky, they'll also suggest the reasons why there's no cache there anymore.

Edited by kunarion
51 minutes ago, kjaq said:

I want to place a new cache. How do I determine that where I want to place it, is with in the required distances of existing caches that may be hidden in the vicinity of where I place my new cache.  I want to avoid it not being published due to being to close to another cache & having to keep going back to re-hide it. As of now it’s guess work. 

The link that @kunarion provided is best. You will catch most nearby caches with the planning map and will catch any other caches or stages lurking out there by asking your reviewer for a coordinate check. It takes a little longer going through your reviewer, but it will prevent it from being non-published (with rare exception).