DNFs on a simple park and grab

6 minutes ago, 321geocache said:

An update on something similar to what happened around the time of my OP. I recently placed a cache, in fact the title was "A Park and Grab." It was published today and already has a DNF, as well as someone who wouldn't find it who contacted me. I think my "park and grabs" must not be that easy... :D

If someone with over 4,000 finds  DNF on a 1.5/1.5,  If mine I'd at least take a look.    :)

18 minutes ago, 321geocache said:

It's still hard for me to believe it disappeared, though....considering the placement of the cache, it's not in a location where you would expect it to be muggled or seen easily.  

I'm not one to know...  I NA the only cache like yours I've ever done (and archived) when people were trespassing on sold/repurposed,  gated property to get it.  

- But the other 2/3rds has found a bunch, and on a couple was questioned by security (who saw her on camera).    :)

On 9/22/2018 at 11:10 AM, 321geocache said:

The cache was finally found minutes after I archived it. (I archived it not because of the DNFs, but due to other reasons) Probably will re-use the container somewhere else. Not as an LPC, but with the same style of how the cache was hidden. And with a higher difficulty rating. ;)

That's weird. I just got the archive notice Sunday night  9 p.m.

On 9/22/2018 at 12:10 PM, 321geocache said:

The cache was finally found minutes after I archived it. (I archived it not because of the DNFs, but due to other reasons) Probably will re-use the container somewhere else. Not as an LPC, but with the same style of how the cache was hidden. And with a higher difficulty rating. ;)

I saw this one publish but had my sights on another for my monthly FTF.  I know the first person who DNFed the cache (and the one who actually found it), and they're usually pretty thorough when searching.  By definition a park and grab should be an in and out and it wasn't for any of the first ones, so the D/T rating was probably too low, especially if it's not the typical LPC.  Without knowing what it was, I would have rated it at 2 to start and probably not called it a park and grab (or played with the title a bit to indicate that it's not a typical park and grab, or the description to indicate that something is a little bit different than the usual garden variety LPC).