What is the longest distant multicache you have completed?

Impressive! Mine is are not nearly as extensive. I have a FTF on one just over 600 miles (~1000km) GC76752  Traveling from Vancouver Washington up to Seattle Washington then down to the central Oregon coast, though I split it up into three separate trips.Second was just under 600 miles going from Portland Oregon down to Ashland Oregon and back to Portland. 

43 minutes ago, Touchstone said:

120 kms and nearly 6000 meters of elevation,  with 9 WPs.  All of it on foot/bike, since it's all inside a single State Park.

That's even more amazing I feel than the cache I found. The end of the one I did involved a walk to the cache in a Nature Reserve, but the rest was mostly driving.

We've never done a drive-to multi.  To us it's not much different than C&D/park n grab/ whatever you call them, that we don't do anymore.

Did do a 60 mile on/off the AT on a competing site once (when they had more caches/cachers). 

The other 2/3rds never backpacked with a tent before then, so that was interesting...

Longest lately was only 13 miles or so.  Not too many folks seem to wanna walk these days here.  :)

5 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:

We've never done a drive-to multi.  To us it's not much different than C&D/park n grab/ whatever you call them, that we don't do anymore.

Did do a 60 mile on/off the AT on a competing site once (when they had more caches/cachers). 

The other 2/3rds never backpacked with a tent before then, so that was interesting...

Longest lately was only 13 miles or so.  Not too many folks seem to wanna walk these days here.  :)

The 5,000km multi I did had a decent walk at the end, likely uphill. Also, hundreds of kms between WPs.

Edited by Goldenwattle

We did a 130Km multi once but not in one go. It took a long time to finish but most WPs were also mysteries by a different CO so while doing those over a couple of months we gathered all info for the multi. We've also done several 30-40 Km multis but the longest we did was just a few weeks ago, 64Km, 60+ WPs around Brussels. We did this by bike and there was a lot of climbing (and downhill too of course). Unfortunately at the final coordinates we found the hint but no cache. The CO quickly checked and replaced the cache a short distance away so next time we're in the area we can go and write our name in the log and log a find.

I did Refuge Roundup, which requires more than 50 miles driving and several miles of hiking. I'm not sure how much driving I ended up doing though, because I didn't do it all in one day. I did a couple stages one day, and then a couple more the next, and so on. So I'm sure I ended up driving more than I would have if I had done it all in one trip.