HOW DO I PUBLISH A MULTI AWAY FROM MY HOME?

HuntingHolly

I am trying to publish a multi that my daughter is going to look after near her home, but because it is nearly 200 miles away from my home the site isn't letting me finish entering the details. I can enter the first co-ords and click YES on the pop-up that asks if I really want it so far away from home, but when I try and enter the final co-ords the screen goes blue and I am unable to enter anything else. Is there a way round this please? My daughter isn't a member and doesn't want to join but is willing to look after the cache for me. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

What kind of browser are you using.  I just tried it in Firefox by placing the First Stage about 800 miles away, then clicking Continue on the warning box.  When I entered the Final nearby, I got the warning pop up again, but clicking continue made it possible for me to advance in the submission process.

image.png

A possibility -  the form can choke over errors in  coordinate entry. You should get an error message, Oops! We were unable to understand these coordinates,  but sometimes it just locks up. 

Be very careful that the form of the coords on both stages is the same, including the spaces . I was able to stop the form with this set of coords :

N 28 45. 871 W81 08.009  (it has two spacing errors)

Click on the "learn about coordinate formats" link that's above the coordinate pane.  Image of that below:

CSP coord formats.jpg

Edited by Isonzo Karst
  • Upvote 1