Old user, new name - can I “fuse” them together?

nollasco

So I’ve recently returned to geocaching after a 10-year hiatus and started fresh with a new username and premium to go along with it.

The thing is, I was wondering if my old and new usernames can somehow be “fused” so I can actually keep all the finds and hides I had before on the new one (most likely disappearing with the old one).

Any help is greatly appeciated.

(it’s good to be back) :)

Do you recall the old username? can you still receive email at whatever email address you were using 10 years ago? 

It's possible to get a new password for the old account sent to the old email address. If you don't have either the password, or the old email, that account is pretty much gone.

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=27&pgid=367

You could go back and log the finds under your new user name, using correct date for the original finds.  This assumes you remember some of them.

The old hides will stay with the old account.

• Upvote 1

If you can access your old username, then you could just keep that old account and change the name on it.  Then you can add the finds from your 'new' account to the old account.  That might be easier than using a new account, especially if you want to keep your hides.

The problem is that you paid for Premium on your 'new' account and I don't know if you can move that Premium membership from your 'new' account to your 'old' account. That is something you would need to ask Groundspeak via their Help Center contact form.

If you can move your Premium Membership, then you can change the username on your 'old' account to something different.  Geocaching.com allows users to change the usernames on their accounts, without having to create new accounts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If all of the above doesn't work and you're going to continue caching with your new account, then you can go to the cache pages for the caches you logged with the old account and submit new logs.  You'd want to edit the date to match when you found it with your old account (see image below) and it's best to mention in your log something like "Re-logging under new account, previously found as 'xxx' " to avoid the risk that the Cache Owner deletes your new log.  And as kunarion mentions above. you won't be able to get your 'old' account's hide under your 'new' account.

image.png.6baebf1b051577158657ab38e2a20cbc.png