Cache name by coordinates only?

iroquoisarcher

Was doing some hiking in the Moshannon Park (PA) and suddenly spotted something and immediately (being the smart person I am) said "that's a cache!". I only have the coordinates it posted on my gps when I hit waypoint think it was. It is N40degrees 56.479 w079 degrees 59.022. Sorry if lingo is wrong. Log was wet as plastic bag was torn so replaced the bag.

Edited by iroquoisarcher
additional info.
4 hours ago, iroquoisarcher said:

Was doing some hiking in the Moshannon Park (PA) and suddenly spotted something and immediately (being the smart person I am) said "that's a cache!". I only have the coordinates it posted on my gps when I hit waypoint think it was. It is N40degrees 56.479 w079 degrees 59.022. Sorry if lingo is wrong. Log was wet as plastic bag was torn so replaced the bag.

Those coordinates are about 100 miles west of what Google identifies as "Moshannon Park".  But there's a cache 1.4 miles from the coordinates.  If you can't find the exact one, someone who maintains a nearby cache may know what cache it is or was.

Edited by kunarion
3 hours ago, iroquoisarcher said:

I have to ask. Was there a rubber stamp in it? 

2 hours ago, noncentric said:

Are you sure that's the waypoint that you saved when at Moshannon Park, because those coordinates are closer to the Preston Conservation Area over 100 miles away from Moshannon State Park.

I thought it interesting that if you replaced the 79 degrees with 78 it resolves to a spot in the heart of Punxsutawney, PA.   The coords provided by the OP don't seem to be a simple typo, but perhaps their gps isn't using WGS84.

Okay, close this if you want. Have been searching for an hour now and finally came up with it being a trail register where the Allegheny National Forest trail and the south section of Rock Run trail seperate. It is a mailbox attached to a tree with a smurf decal on front. Set up for signing the log seemed much the same with some swap items inside. Again this was only the second one I thought I found and didn't know a difference, sorry about that. Is the bottom left picture on the page.

https://www.pahikes.com/community/entry/hiking-the-south-loop-of-rock-run-trails 

Edited by iroquoisarcher
additional info.