Travel Bug List - Drop Down Menu

salts&marbles

From what I recall, once you select whether to show or not show your Inventory on that logging page, then your choice will be "sticky" and will persist when you go to log your next cache.

Update:  Just tested the "stickyness" and it seems the selection is not "sticky".  I chose to have my Inventory displayed, then submitted my log, then went to submit another log and my Inventory was not displayed.  I had to click on the arrow again.  I didn't choose any actions with my Trackables when I submitted my log, so not sure if that affects the stickyness or not.  Using Firefox 61.0.2

Edited by noncentric
7 hours ago, salts&marbles said:

About a week ago, the list of trackables in our inventory did not open up when we went to log a cache.  For each cache, it is making me select the arrow to the right of "Trackables".  Is there a setting that I am not aware of or a way to fix this?

I got the same thing today, trying to log some Visits of my own TBs.  It didn't bug me all that much B), but this thread got me thinking.  So I went to see what can be done.

I'm getting the described effect only in the New Experience (the one pictured in the OP) in IE11 and Chrome (haven't tested others).  If I instead "Opt Out" with the link near the top of that page, I get the original experience.  The list remains expanded.  That's better. :)

Edited by kunarion
1 minute ago, kunarion said:

I'm getting the described effect only in the New Experience (the one pictured in the OP) in IE11 and Chrome (haven't tested others).  If I instead "Opt Out" with the link near the top of that page, I get the original experience.  No expanding of the list every time I make a log.  That's better. :)

Yep - the Trackable drop-down is only in the "new" logging page. Of course, if logging via Drafts, then the only option is the "new" logging page.

The "Opt Out" only applies to logs submitted when clicking the green 'Log Geocache' button on the individual cache page.

My concern is that the 'stickness' seems to have been lost, if my memory that it ever existed is correct.

11 minutes ago, noncentric said:

Yep - the Trackable drop-down is only in the "new" logging page. Of course, if logging via Drafts, then the only option is the "new" logging page.

The "Opt Out" only applies to logs submitted when clicking the green 'Log Geocache' button on the individual cache page.

My concern is that the 'stickness' seems to have been lost, if my memory that it ever existed is correct.

That's a shame.  But it explains why I even arrived at that page. I was using Drafts today.  I've been "Opting Out" of everything lately, except when testing something, so I thought maybe I was still Opted In, maybe.

Maybe if I change my process slightly, I won't even notice.  I'll do all my cache logs first, then append TBs where they need to go by editing the logs.  Seems like an extra step.  But I have to do TBs separately anyway, might actually save time in the long run, I'll check on that.

Or I can just click that drop-down when the list collapses, if that's how it functions.

Wait a minit.  Tell me again why in the world that list needs to collapse like, ever? :mad:

Edited by kunarion
5 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Wait a minit.  Tell me again why in the world that list needs to collapse like, ever? :mad:

I guess so people don't have to scroll as much before reaching the "Post" button, especially if they have a lot of trackables in their Inventory.

I don't mind the collapse/expand functionality so much, but would like the option I choose to be sticky.

4 minutes ago, noncentric said:

I guess so people don't have to scroll as much before reaching the "Post" button, especially if they have a lot of trackables in their Inventory.

I don't mind the collapse/expand functionality so much, but would like the option I choose to be sticky.

I don't know if that has always been like that.  I Opted Out right away (huh, on the other hand, I've been using Drafts all along).  But today it did suprise me for a minute there.  "Where did all my TBs go?" :o

Edited by kunarion
7 minutes ago, noncentric said:

Ah, of course!  You must choose, Grasshopper, extra click or extra scroll.  One cannot have both.  It's a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in annoying Javascript.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, noncentric said:

Used the "new" log occasionally when it came out (prefer the "old").  I don't remember it being "sticky".

I think the "new" log was collapsed this way because so many (like us) were using separate accounts just to hold all those trackables that you had to scroll through otherwise.     :)

The other 2/3rds put 200+ coins on her account just to keep me calm with logging (though "fixed" now with the collectible thing...).

12 hours ago, noncentric said:
12 hours ago, kunarion said:

I log from drafts I create in the app on my phone while "in the field", and up until a week or so, my TB list was expanded (I only have a half dozen or so in my inventory), whether by default or sticky choice, I don't know/remember - the list was just there.  I have one TB that is mine that I visit to every cache, and the rest get selective vists, pics, etc based on missions and TO requests.

Recently I have to expand the list for every log (I use Chrome on a an HP latop running Win10).  It's been a mild annoyance (Where did my list go?  Oh, yeah, I need to click the arrow.) It would be nice to have the option you choose be sticky.  I thought it might have been a setting I inadvertently changed somehow.  Guess not.

6 hours ago, noncentric said:

Okay, searched it out and found in the Release Notes thread from April 24, 2017 and a Lackey said that the trackables selection was indeed sticky.  Glad I wasn't just imagining that.

I posted a BUG topic about it.

I began to wonder if there is in fact now a setting or a way to click, that may make it sticky. So I tried a bunch of ideas and I can't figure it out. Maybe this new feature is a plan to discourage people from doing a TB "visit" all the time. B)

Edited by kunarion
  • Surprised 1