Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Nylimb

Profile Photo vs. Cover Photo

When I edit my profile using Account Settings, I have the option to upload 2 pictures.  One is the "Profile Photo" and the other is the "Cover Photo (profile and dashboard)".  The page recommends using a picture that's at least 790 by 350 pixels for the Cover Photo.  But as far as I can tell, the Cover Photo isn't used anywhere; both my profile and dashboard show my Profile Photo in a 48 by 48 pixel area, as do cache pages that I've posted logs to.

Is the Cover Photo used for anything?

33 minutes ago, Nylimb said:

But as far as I can tell, the Cover Photo isn't used anywhere; both my profile and dashboard show my Profile Photo in a 48 by 48 pixel area, as do cache pages that I've posted logs to.

Is the Cover Photo used for anything?

It shows if you select the "new public profile experience".  I don't see it in the "old page".

Edited by kunarion

Hey, thanks for asking and answering.  I just put a Cover Photo on my Profile.  Cool.  

4 minutes ago, kunarion said:

It shows if you select the "new public profile experience".  I don't see it in the "old page".

Thanks.

In the new-style public profile, the Profile Photo covers part of the Cover Photo, which seems like a bad design.  So I've created a new Cover Photo with the content in the right half; now the 2 versions don't overlap.

1 hour ago, Nylimb said:

In the new-style public profile, the Profile Photo covers part of the Cover Photo, which seems like a bad design. 

Its the same as in FaceBook where the profile photo partially covers the cover photo.