Coords on own hides

annamaflea

7 minutes ago, annamaflea said:

I've submitted three caches. 

On one of them i am trying to change to coordinates. 

But it keeps rejecting. I'm using the same format that I'm using for the other two caches. 

But it's not working.

Any suggestions regarding where I am going wrong please?? 

How far are the new coords to the old?

I HIGHLY recommend checking the map on the cache page before you submit the cache!

I thought you can't edit the cache once you submit it, until after it's published. Maybe I imagined that. 

Anyhoo, if it allows you to do edits then it's easily done with the "modify your coordinates via a log entry" link. Is that what you are trying?

Edit: I remembered that's only an option after the cache is published.

Edited by Max and 99
28 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I thought you can't edit the cache once you submit it, until after it's published. Maybe I imagined that. 

Anyhoo, if it allows you to do edits then it's easily done with the "modify your coordinates via a log entry" link. Is that what you are trying?

You use to be able to edit a cache after submitting it and it would remain in the queue. But sometime within the last few months it changed. Now when you try to edit it, the submission is cancelled and taken out of the queue. In this state, almost as if you never submitted it, you can change coordinates using the edit function. But, after it is published, you can't change coordinates by editing, it can only do it by posting an Update Coordinates log.

Since you've already submitted the cache for Review, then the simple answer is that you'll have to wait for the cache to be published before you can update the coordinates.  You'll do by posting an "Update Coordinates" log.  See Help Center article  HERE.

If the move is only 6 feet, then I wouldn't worry too much about trying to make the change right away. I'm sure the FTF hunters will be okay with a discrepancy that small.