How high does the audit log count go?

Max and 99

The audit log shows how many website visits per user, with first/last date of visit for that user.  I'm not sure a cacher is going to visit any cache page more than 999 times, no matter how popular that cache is. If a cacher is that interested in a cache, then they'd probably just put it on their Watchlist to get email notifications and that wouldn't iterate the audit log.

A CO might visit their own page many times, regardless of how popular their cache is, although I still think it would take a long time before a CO racks up more than 999 visits to their own PMO cache.

There is no grand total on the audit log. That grand total could get to 1000, but for now someone would have to add up the individual counts in order to know the grand total of website views to their PMO cache.

None of my statements above answers your question.

1 minute ago, Max and 99 said:

I  should have been more specific. As unlikely as it is will the audit log for the CO views ever go higher than 999?

I love re-reading the good/fun visit logs, which means my count goes up.  I

I was just curious.

Would be interesting to know.

So far, I've only visited my own PMO cache on the website 41 times.  I've started viewing my own PMO cache via the app to re-read logs, to avoid my own audit log.   :D

8 hours ago, Team Christiansen said:

I'm not sure why would GS go out of their way to add a limit on the counter. Wouldn't that just be additional unnecessary programming?

It's not a case of them specifically programming it like that , it's a case of there may be a limit on how many digits are reserved for the field in their database/code, a bit like the odometer in older cars would go up to 999999 and then roll back round to 000000.  This depends on how it's been written.

8 hours ago, noncentric said:

I'm not sure a cacher is going to visit any cache page more than 999 times

I wonder if the app which must not be named generates a new view every time it pulls down the cache details for a PMO cache on the map, if so then someone with a local PMO cache could rack up a lot of views if they're constantly refreshing the map, but even so 999 would be once a day every day for ~3 years.