Subway Restaurants

Max and 99

Mine was declined with the following reason: Your waymark was voted on by the category managers, here are comments made about your waymark by them: Initial vote call comment:Since this is inside the gas station, should we require a photo from the kiosk? Will a sign and no store entrance do justice? Vote comments: [nay] Agreed.

A screen shot of my photos.

Subway at Loves.png

Last week I had two Subway waymarks declined because the officer wanted them named a certain way.  I was quoted part of the requirement. I re-submitted with the whole requirement saying (more than once) you can name the waymark whatever you want, within reason.  They were then approved.

Subway officers, please be more consistent and read the requirements.

I'm sorry about bringing this to the forums, but this is too much to put into a resubmit private message.

Edited by Max and 99

I like the Subway category!  The reviews are timely and the officers share the load.

Why should the photograph be taken indoors?   Standalone restaurant buildings, strip malls or gas stations, the best signage is outdoors.

Edited by elyob

I find their "Variable - Seating Available" a bit funny. I've never seen one that did not have seating available.

I would think  "Variable - Drive-thru? Yes-No" would be more appropriate. I think about 50% do not have drive-thru. One owner I know personally said if he didn't have drive-thru, they would probably be out of business. He then opened another Subway just 3 blocks away, on the same street, inside a new Walmart. He said that opening didn't have any effect on his original store's operation.

2 hours ago, 8Nuts MotherGoose said:

I find their "Variable - Seating Available" a bit funny. I've never seen one that did not have seating available.

I would think  "Variable - Drive-thru? Yes-No" would be more appropriate. I think about 50% do not have drive-thru. One owner I know personally said if he didn't have drive-thru, they would probably be out of business. He then opened another Subway just 3 blocks away, on the same street, inside a new Walmart. He said that opening didn't have any effect on his original store's operation.

Drive thru would be a good variable!

Lots more:

WMYTGE A Subway at a gas station, outdoor photo only

WMYPEM  A Subway at a gas station, outdoor photo only.

WMYP01  A Subway at a gas station, outdoor photo only

And look at this, a Subway at a Love's gas station, with only an outdoor photo.

WMYJXA

And those are only the first TWO pages of the category.

An officer's Subway showing just the convenience store with the Subway sign, and the only photo in the gallery, was approved (see OP).