Google Maps

jotheonly

5 hours ago, noncentric said:

What is the "Missing membership" menu to the left of the Message Center icon?  If that's from an add-on script, then maybe that's causing a problem.

It's a Project-GC script which allows you to see so much more throughout the Geocaching.com website. Its never hampered my ability to see the various map types.

3 hours ago, Team Christiansen said:

It's a Project-GC script which allows you to see so much more throughout the Geocaching.com website. Its never hampered my ability to see the various map types.

PGC recently dropped Google Maps, due to changes in pricing, so maybe that somehow affects viewing Google Maps on geocaching.com when the PGC script is running?

32 minutes ago, noncentric said:

PGC recently dropped Google Maps, due to changes in pricing, so maybe that somehow affects viewing Google Maps on geocaching.com when the PGC script is running?

Nah. The map is still coming through the GC website, not the PGC site.

The script mostly affects just the individual cache pages by adding stuff like elevation, decoded hint, challenge checkers, thumbnails of logged photos (rather than links) and country flags of those who post a log. It doesn't do anything to the map pages. I would add a couple screenshots of the individual cache page, but I'm already starting to wander off topic.

5b80500d49b7e_PGCscript.thumb.JPG.5ebf2719b090221d55a81ec9e438a2c2.JPG 

11 hours ago, HHL said:

Schalte mal deine Skripte aus. ;-)

Translation: "Turn off your scripts"

...which I agree with.

It looks like you have multiple scripts that are modifying the way the site works in your browser. The controls on the map look different from the default (mine shows the words "Map" and "Satellite" at the top-right, and the zoom controls are on the right), so one of the scripts is modifying the map. With the recent changes to Google's map API, one of the scripts may need to be updated.

Thanks for your treats.

Turning off scripts did not solve the problem
under edge I use the same scripts and there is no error.
As I found out, the problem lies in the profile of firefox.
After I had exchanged the profile against a profile which produced no error, the error did not appear anymore.
What exactly was changed in the Firefox profile I have not found out yet