Unique Independent Restaurants

Hello, I am fairly new to Waymarking and I have searched the forums for an answer but haven't come up with anything.  Is there a category for independent restaurants that are not ethnic of chains?  For example, we have a restaurant that is privately owned and is in "castle" which was built in 1930 as a private home.  It doesn't fall under the "castle" category because it wasn't designed to be a defensive home.  It doesn't fall under any of the restaurant categories as far as I can tell.  It could possibly fall under Odd Shaped buildings although if it were in Europe, it would be a normal building...and also belong to the castle category.

We have another restaurant which might fall under the Pubs category but it is more than a pub.  Most people go there for the food and for the peanuts that are served as appetizers.  My grandkids like it because they can throw the peanut shells on the floor.

We are big football fans and we go to sports bars to watch the games.  When we are in Florida, we go to one that is totally devoted to our favorite team, the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Again, it might fall under pubs but it isn't really a pub.

If these buildings have categories that you have already used, would you please advise.  Or is it possible that it "unique independent restaurants" should have a designated category if it isn't something that I am just missing?

Thank you,

Jan

4 hours ago, Janila said:

Hello, I am fairly new to Waymarking and I have searched the forums for an answer but haven't come up with anything.  Is there a category for independent restaurants that are not ethnic of chains?  For example, we have a restaurant that is privately owned and is in "castle" which was built in 1930 as a private home.  It doesn't fall under the "castle" category because it wasn't designed to be a defensive home.  It doesn't fall under any of the restaurant categories as far as I can tell.  It could possibly fall under Odd Shaped buildings although if it were in Europe, it would be a normal building...and also belong to the castle category.

We have another restaurant which might fall under the Pubs category but it is more than a pub.  Most people go there for the food and for the peanuts that are served as appetizers.  My grandkids like it because they can throw the peanut shells on the floor.

We are big football fans and we go to sports bars to watch the games.  When we are in Florida, we go to one that is totally devoted to our favorite team, the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Again, it might fall under pubs but it isn't really a pub.

If these buildings have categories that you have already used, would you please advise.  Or is it possible that it "unique independent restaurants" should have a designated category if it isn't something that I am just missing?

Thank you,

Jan

You are going to be really hard pressed to get a retail type Waymarking category through nowadays.