Cache page build questions

OwenfromKC

1. I can not find the place to add a "Related web page".  Has that feature been done away with?

2. When I post a reviewer note (for the reviewer to read, I am not one) on an unpublished cache page, does he/she get it if I do not submit the cache for review?  Sometimes I have questions and I will email my local reviewer directly as well.  I just would rather not duplicate my efforts and bombard the reviewer.

3. Is it possible to have additional waypoints, such as parking, visible only after a mystery cache has been solved? 

Thanks

23 minutes ago, OwenfromKC said:

1. I can not find the place to add a "Related web page".  Has that feature been done away with?

Yes, I believe the related web page feature is going away. It can no longer be added for new cache listings.

25 minutes ago, OwenfromKC said:

2. When I post a reviewer note (for the reviewer to read, I am not one) on an unpublished cache page, does he/she get it if I do not submit the cache for review?  Sometimes I have questions and I will email my local reviewer directly as well.  I just would rather not duplicate my efforts and bombard the reviewer.

Yes, the reviewer notes stay on your cache until it is published. At that point the reviewer notes are hidden, and only the volunteer reviewers can see them.

26 minutes ago, OwenfromKC said:

3. Is it possible to have additional waypoints, such as parking, visible only after a mystery cache has been solved? 

No, I do not believe Groundspeak's built-in solution checker can do this. Certitude supports providing additional information when a solution has been verified. Other third-party solution checkers may too.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, OwenfromKC said:

That feature was removed in one of the more recent updates.

28 minutes ago, OwenfromKC said:

No, they will not see your Note.  Best to contact them privately with questions.

Edited by Touchstone
niraD types faster :)
31 minutes ago, OwenfromKC said:

As far as I know, reviewers don't get emailed or messaged when you post a reviewer note on an unpublished cache, whether it's submitted for review or not, rather they get to look at them when they're reviewing the cache page. So posting reviewer notes won't bombard the reviewer.

1.Once you have created your cache page and saved it, is there a way to have the buttons for the formating  show up again if you want to edit it, or do you have to actually edit the html code?

2.How do you add a photo to a cache that has not been published?  I can see the block, but I don't know how to get the photo to geocaching.com without having a published cache to add it to?

1 hour ago, 2KatzHunt said:

1.Once you have created your cache page and saved it, is there a way to have the buttons for the formating  show up again if you want to edit it, or do you have to actually edit the html code?

You have to edit the HTML.

Ever since the pseudo-WYSIWYG editor was added to the page creation process, people have asked for it to be available for the page editing process. But the one designed for the page creation process knows how to start from scratch and how to edit its own HTML. Apparently, it doesn't know how to deal with whatever HTML cache owners might have created on their own.

• Helpful 1
4 hours ago, 2KatzHunt said:

Yes, there's a link (top right of the page somewhere).

You only have to edit the html for the description section - you don't get to edit (or even see) the html for the whole of the page. It's not too hard to do a basic job on - ask if you need the basics explained.