My cache is taking a while to be reviewed

EyebrowsMaster

18 minutes ago, EyebrowsMaster said:

My Geocache is now 2 days nearly 3 into the review stage. I am keen to get my cache out there as quickly as possible so if anyone can help, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

EyebrowsMaster

That's really not very long, and hoping it gets reviewed faster will not get it reviewed faster.  There is nothing you can do until a Reviewer looks at the cache listing. If he asks you questions, respond as soon as possible to help things progress.

• Upvote 1

From the Help Center article Cache review process: "Typically, review begins within 7 days of the date that you submit your cache."

Also, most of us cannot see your unpublished cache listing, so any advice we offer is going to be very generic. But with that said, are you sure you have actually submitted your cache listing? A common mistake among new cache owners is to save the listing, but not to submit the listing for review.

They can take up to seven days. I know that seems like forever when a cache is out where anyone can find it without you knowing it. If you have a good reviewer, answering questions as soon as possible and change whatever needs to be changed, the process can go faster. However, My reviewer will have me change something every time I hid a new cache. One I fix and reply back, he/she will not publish until the next day or two because he says he already looked at it that day. The other two I did for other people was approved and published within a couple hours. So it depends on who your reviewer is.

We had one that was submitted, published, and found within an hour.  It was amazing!  It published about 10 minutes after we submitted it, and then someone who "happened to be in the area" found it like 30 minutes later!

That's not the norm though.  We've had some that took a few days, back and forth, rewording the description, double checking coordinates, etc - our local reviewer(s) USUALLY get them published within a day or two barring any complications.  The guidelines do say up to 7 days so I'd be patient.  Just be sure it's actually submitted for review (you should get a confirming email to that effect) and if the reviewwer has questions, answer them promptly and as completely as you can.  Work WITH the reviewer; they want to get it published too!  But it has to be done properly!

When I submit a cache for review, as well as a detailed Reviewer Note outlining the type of container, how the cache is hidden, the general area the cache is hidden, permission information, etc, etc, I also upload a number of photos for the Reviewer to look at, particularly showing how the cache is hidden and a wider shot of the area. Along with all the Reviewer Notes, these photos are deleted (if that's the right word) when the cache is published. This can really help to speed up the process and get caches published as many of the questions a Reviewer might have are answered by what they see in the photos.

• Helpful 2
6 hours ago, Calypso62 said:

When I submit a cache for review, as well as a detailed Reviewer Note outlining the type of container, how the cache is hidden, the general area the cache is hidden, permission information, etc, etc, I also upload a number of photos for the Reviewer to look at, particularly showing how the cache is hidden and a wider shot of the area. Along with all the Reviewer Notes, these photos are deleted (if that's the right word) when the cache is published. This can really help to speed up the process and get caches published as many of the questions a Reviewer might have are answered by what they see in the photos.

Agreed.  I haven't yet included photos, although I do take photos and could upload if a Reviewer asked.

But, I do include (1) the type of container, (2) description of hiding spot, and (3) property ownership / permission information in the Reviewer Note log when I submit a cache for review.  So far, I haven't had any cache submissions kicked back for questions.

38 minutes ago, noncentric said:

Agreed.  I haven't yet included photos, although I do take photos and could upload if a Reviewer asked.

But, I do include (1) the type of container, (2) description of hiding spot, and (3) property ownership / permission information in the Reviewer Note log when I submit a cache for review.  So far, I haven't had any cache submissions kicked back for questions.

I provide detail such as you mentioned and explain every step of the puzzle. Still, sometimes, there's a question I hadn't thought of answering in my Reviewer Note.

The idea of adding photos to a Reviewer Note when submitting a new cache came from a "Meet The Reviewers" session I attended at a Mega event. It was their idea and they felt it really made the reviewing job a lot easier for them. One Reviewer said that they have a particular hider who always submits a video of their geocache hide. Anything that helps a Reviewer understand about your geocache placement is a good thing.

On 8/20/2018 at 2:49 PM, EyebrowsMaster said:

My Geocache is now 2 days nearly 3 into the review stage. I am keen to get my cache out there as quickly as possible so if anyone can help, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

EyebrowsMaster

Just noticed that your geocaches got published! And someone  with zero finds got the FTF on the same day he signed up on geocaching! Wow!