How do i deal with people trespassing on my property in search of geocache?

Barbara Maher

There is a geocache registered at the Halte Seal Cove Gaspe Quebec.  This cache was made a few years ago and since then the terrain has changed   a little.  This past 2 years we have seen MANY people hop the fence from the 'Halte' onto our property.  How do I have the directions updated or this cache removed ! There are 2 entrances to the "halte' and the cache is at the other entrance. 

In their effort to find the cache, they are trespassing, they are hanging over the edge of the cliff (most of which is undermined) and sadly many decide to take a bathroom break while here. 

I am tired on the mess and worried that someone will fall off the cliff!

I enjoy the sport of geocaching, however this has become dangerous as well as annoying

What can be done?

I think that this is a new cache somewhere near the fence. The old cache is far away northwest.

That new cache have recently disappeared few times which makes things worse because visitors will stay longer and search intensively from wider area instead of leaving promptly. If you know where the cache is and you want immediate results you could put a note to the cache asking to remove or move it further from the fence.

Normally I would recommend going to the CO first, but in a situation like this it seems more appropriate to go straight to the 'powers that be'.

First, I would contact HQ as noted above.

Second, I would post a 'Needs Archived' log on the cache page, making sure to describe the situation and your desire to not have folks trespassing.  The NA log ensures that a reviewer will see the note.  Even if you don't really want it archived, you can state that you simply want people to stay off the private property and that it needs immediate attention.