Adding a geocache to a list

18 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I can add a geocache to any list but my Watchlist. I'm not missing something, am I?

I don't think so - I have not found a way to add a cache to my watchlist via the app, except to tap "View cache in browser" and then add it via the website on my phone.  I just wait till I'mhome and add it via the website on the computer.

34 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

I don't think so - I have not found a way to add a cache to my watchlist via the app, except to tap "View cache in browser" and then add it via the website on my phone.  I just wait till I'mhome and add it via the website on the computer.

But then you don't have the big advantage of adding it via the app: escaping the audit list

49 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

But then you don't have the big advantage of adding it via the app: escaping the audit list

Escaping the "audit list" is not a big deal for me - even as a cache owner I didn't even know it was there, and I rarely look at it.  It gives me a partial list of cachers who have looked at the cache page ... I'm not sure what advantage or benefit it is to me as a CO.  Or how other CO's "use" the audit list.  That discussion is probably off topic for this thread though!

Anyway, you are correct, as far as I know, that you have to use the website in one way or another to add a cache or TB to your watchlist, and for a cache, that would add you to the audit list for that cache.  

Another option is to create an alternate 'watchlist'.  For example, create a list named "Caches to Watch" and then "Edit" that list so that it will send you notifications.  You can do this via either the 'new' or 'old' lists page (see image below).  You will then get emails whenever someone logs those caches AND can add caches to that list via the app.

Of course, it would be ideal if adding caches to the "Watchlist" was an option in the app, but until then...

image.png.9e416b6e0552af7f935414a37e7b632a.png

• Helpful 1
2 hours ago, noncentric said:

Another option is to create an alternate 'watchlist'.  For example, create a list named "Caches to Watch" and then "Edit" that list so that it will send you notifications.  You can do this via either the 'new' or 'old' lists page (see image below).  You will then get emails whenever someone logs those caches AND can add caches to that list via the app.

Of course, it would be ideal if adding caches to the "Watchlist" was an option in the app, but until then...

image.png.9e416b6e0552af7f935414a37e7b632a.png

That is definitely an option but there are benefits to using the watchlist instead of a list. I have lots of lists but some things specifically need to be on the watchlist. Looks like I'll have to use browser to add a cache to the watchlist.?

36 minutes ago, sloth96 said:

Has there been any change on this or is it still not possible to add caches from the android app to the watchlist?  I took a look but could not find anything.

No changes. Watchlist has benefits that regular lists don't, so I wish this was an option from the app. 

Edited by Max and 99