App does not open to new cache from safari

yokogari

I have a new cache open in safari.  I click on OPEN to open the cache the Geocaching App.  The app opens but centered on my current location and not on the new cache as it should.

I am running on an iPhone running IOS 11.4.1 and using Geocaching App version 6.8.0.

It should work as you describe, but next time you see the cache in Safari, take note of the GC code. Then when in the official app, click the search magnifying glass, then click on Geocache, then type in the GC code. If that works, I will have no idea why the first method didn't work. But if it doesn't work, then maybe we can further diagnose the issue.

Could it possibly be that it is a newly published cache? Several times I have received an e-mail notification of a new cache and upon clicking on the link, the GC apps opens, but then gives me a message that it is an invalid GC code. This has happened only when I click on the link immediately when getting the notification (and only sometimes). If I don't have opportunity to look at the notification for several minutes, it always works later. Maybe it is just an issue of the app needing a few minutes to catch up with the website.