Introducing Myself!

jamikat1976

Hi everyone!  So I just started this a few months ago and loved it so much I upgraded to premium almost instantly.  I've realized I'm super late to the game - I can't believe this has been around for so long!  I'm learning a bit more what to look for and love the helpful hints.  I've also messaged a few folks on here asking for advice/help and have got very helpful responses so thank you!  I guess my questions are just - any tips?  Especially stealth tips?  I've been in a few situations where it was way to busy to look for the cache.  Etiquette?  I've been leaving little dragons/unicorns as my signature item.  I'm starting to have more time to start reading up on these forums and what not, so hopefully I'll get some intel but wanted to say hi here as well!  I'm excited to have found this!

20180724_094057.jpg

First welcome. There is no such thing as too late to start! 

My suggestion is just be patient. If too many folks are around take a seat, stand around make a fake phone call, check your email.... you get the point. Tying shoes helps if you have to check under something. Sometimes thong just go for it you'd be surprised people don't care too much. 

• Helpful 1
2 hours ago, jamikat1976 said:

I've been in a few situations where it was way to busy to look for the cache.

One thing to keep in mind is that this isn't Pokémon; you don't need to find them all. If you find you're uncomfortable searching for a particular cache, just leave. You can always come back and try at another time of day, now that you know what time of day isn't a good time. If there never seems to be a good time, it's fine just leaving that cache unfound. There's no penalty or anything. Caching is supposed to be fun, so don't get frustrated to the point that you aren't having fun anymore.

• Upvote 3
  • Helpful 1
20 minutes ago, The A-Team said:

One thing to keep in mind is that this isn't Pokémon; you don't need to find them all. If you find you're uncomfortable searching for a particular cache, just leave. You can always come back and try at another time of day, now that you know what time of day isn't a good time. If there never seems to be a good time, it's fine just leaving that cache unfound. There's no penalty or anything. Caching is supposed to be fun, so don't get frustrated to the point that you aren't having fun anymore.

I'll second this post. You definitely don't need to find them all. 

• Helpful 1