Change in Personal Cache Note editing

dprovan

It took me a couple days to notice the change in the Personal Cache Note on the cache description page. I really, really appreciate that it finally keeps the typed text when the page has gotten stale. I always hated it when I'd forgotten I opened the cache description yesterday and finally got around to updating the note today. The previous behavior was to just discard the changes I'd just typed in. Now it complains, but keeps the edit page open, so it's easy to copy the text before reloading the page.

But on the other hand, there's a glitch I find rather annoying: now when I click on the personal cache note to open it, text entry focus does not automatically go into the text box. Instead I have to click on the text a second time before I can start typing. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but it's still surprises me every time. I assume it's just an oversight since I can't imagine a logical reason for thinking that the most common case is that someone is opening the Personal Cache Note for editing but doesn't want to actually edit it. Can that be fixed? As I recall, the previous behavior was to automatically select all the text, which has its own problems, so I assume this was an attempt to stop that from happening.

• Upvote 1
On 8/14/2018 at 11:02 AM, dprovan said:

But on the other hand, there's a glitch I find rather annoying: now when I click on the personal cache note to open it, text entry focus does not automatically go into the text box. Instead I have to click on the text a second time before I can start typing.

The second click requirement has bothered me a bit too.  I was used to clicking in the box and then start typing, but now I have to remember to click and then click again.

I liked the prior behavior better.

And maybe it's just me, but it feels like the space is smaller now.  I don't remember having to expand the text entry box so often before the recent formatting change.  I'm using the same browser (Firefox) and my notes are approximately the same size, but it feels like more 'work' to enter those notes via the website.

• Upvote 2