Lab Cache Discrepancy

I logged a Lab cache to get the icon, but when I generate the pocket query for my finds, the Lab cache doesn't show up.

My stats do show I have a lab cache.  My profile total shows that  I have one more (lab) than the query.

Why isn't the my finds query including the lab cache?  The total of icons for the day doesn't show the lab cache either.

Also, when I logged it, the date showed the day after the day than the cache was actually available and found.

A MyFinds Pocket Query does not return Lab Caches. Never has. Why, most likely because Lab caches are far newer than a MyFinds query, and are still "an experimental type".

They do count for some stats.

Here a Help Center article that covers some of this. 3.4 Geocaching Statistics

On the log date issue, I've got nothing, though I note that you logged a number of caches, including the Mega that is being held today, Aug 11, on Aug 10? If you tried to log the Lab for Aug 10, it may have simply corrected your log date to the day the Lab was available.  You've got two events  held on two different days logged on the same day. i'm guessing a logging error on your end. Easy to do, once you start logging, you have to manually edit date of find.

I don't know what/ where, " total of icons for the day" would be?  If you mean on the list of Your finds, lab caches aren't shown there.

Edited by Isonzo Karst
  • Upvote 1

When did you actually enter the code for the lab cache?  Lab cache dates are based on when you enter the correct code.  There is no way to set the date of your lab cache find.  There might be some discrepancy if you are in a different time zone (PST) than HQ, but I'm not sure if that is an issue or not.

You can check what date is on your lab cache by logging in at  https://labs.geocaching.com/  and going to "View Logs" in the down-arrow menu at the top right of the screen.

I see you use mygeocachingprofile.com  (it's on your profile's About page).  In case you weren't aware, you can add your lab cache find(s) on that site.  See HERE.  When you do that, then your cache types per day stat on that site will include the lab cache.

Project-GC will also include lab caches.  It started as a PGC Member feature and I haven't checked to see if it's been expanded to all PGC users or not.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:43 AM, Run N Search said:

Why isn't the my finds query including the lab cache?

...because Lab caches - despite their name - are a completely different thing than your typical cache. They're structured differently than the other cache types, in that they don't have logs, D/T ratings, attributes, etc. Trying to include them in the My Finds PQ would be very awkward, so it's never been done.