Wanted: Firmware update file for Garmin Oregon 550

660 was the last release for the 450/550 units, though for some reason, I'm running 620 -- can't recall why that was.

I have both *.gcd files here, but no way to attach them on this system.  Drop me a PM or email from the gc.com main site using handle ecanderson and I will find a way to get them to you.

7 minutes ago, ecanderson said:

660 was the last release for the 450/550 units, though for some reason, I'm running 620 -- can't recall why that was.

I have both *.gcd files here, but no way to attach them on this system.  Drop me a PM or email from the gc.com main site using handle ecanderson and I will find a way to get them to you.

Thank you.  PM sent.

6 hours ago, alpine3peaks said:

Thanks Hans.  I had looked there but had found only old occurrences for the Oregon 550.  Perhaps I didn't look right though.

+1.  Yes, you did look 'right'.  This used to be the prime repository for older Garmin Oregon firmware, but for whatever reason, new code stopped being archived there.  The alternate link provided seems to have it all now for just the Oregon series.  I'm not sure why it became an exceptoin.

Edited by ecanderson

What I meant was that the (older) x50 firmware updates quit being posted there, though all other more recent model firmware  continues to appear there.  Not sure why the older Oregon firmware is still an exception.  Understand the value of the new site, but one would think that the perry site would continue to have it all.

5 hours ago, ecanderson said:

What I meant was that the (older) x50 firmware updates quit being posted there, though all other more recent model firmware  continues to appear there.  Not sure why the older Oregon firmware is still an exception.  Understand the value of the new site, but one would think that the perry site would continue to have it all.

Thanks you for the clarification! Have not looked around there much recently.