Scavenger Hunt - website chooses a photo for me

Max and 99

Sometimes when working on a scavenger hunt, I visit something that I visited previously (usually many years ago, but sometimes more recently).  I ran a new hunt two days ago, and visited most of those waymarks today. I was surprised to see that a photo showed up on the scavenger hunt, even though I hadn't added one yet. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the photo attached to the scavenger hunt was one I took NINE years ago!  I do not like that the system chose a photo from a very old visit to attach to the scavenger hunt waymark that I visited today.  It shouldn't be doing this!

I have never seen this happen before on scavenger hunts.

On 8/9/2018 at 7:58 PM, Max and 99 said:

Sometimes when working on a scavenger hunt, I visit something that I visited previously (usually many years ago, but sometimes more recently).  I ran a new hunt two days ago, and visited most of those waymarks today. I was surprised to see that a photo showed up on the scavenger hunt, even though I hadn't added one yet. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the photo attached to the scavenger hunt was one I took NINE years ago!  I do not like that the system chose a photo from a very old visit to attach to the scavenger hunt waymark that I visited today.  It shouldn't be doing this!

I have never seen this happen before on scavenger hunts.

do I understand this correctly? If I start a scavenger hunt today, I have to re-visit waymarks in the hunt that I have already visited? Past visits don't count?

1 hour ago, vulture1957 said:

do I understand this correctly? If I start a scavenger hunt today, I have to re-visit waymarks in the hunt that I have already visited? Past visits don't count?

That is correct. Previous visits do not count. There is an option to exclude waymarks you've already visited, if you want to.