Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Myst0gan

Upload of GWZ to Wherigo.com fails

Hello,

I am working on a Wherigo, obviously ;) 

I had it finished already and was trying afterwards to find a suitable real final location. Unfortunately there was no possibility left in a reasonable distance. I was even able to upload that gwz file to Wherigo.com back then.

Together with the reviewer I finally found a real final location but I needed to adopt the position of my zones and a little bit of the story to the new environment. Once finished I tried to upload the new .gwz file and since then I fail to upload. I always get the follwoing error:

Uploaderror-WherigoCom.thumb.JPG.2dd7c66c93464b37853cf8dafba6cf94.JPG

When I let it compile at the Wherigo foundation everything is OK:

WherigoFoundationCompilerOK.thumb.JPG.151b3dc0b6fb4ca57028f809bf643cb5.JPG

I have built the cartridge with urwigo. I can compile and emulate it there too using the urwigo compiler. But when I use the online compiler I get the following message:

UrwigoCompilerError.JPG.72d6428bf0d7863e66b5cbc11c1cf6cc.JPG

Looking through the forum posts I found to get rid of " which I did. I only use .jpg and .bmp as pictures and non exeeds the size of 230x207 pixel. (I even tried to not use the 230x207 and only have 230x170 and less but it did not work either). And my cartridge is only 339KB big. So that should not be the problem either.

Asking the technical support, they told me to post my problem here.

Can anybody help me with further suggestions? I would also send the .gwz file of course if somebody can actually access the InnerException for more details.

With best regards

Myst0gan

Feel free to send it my way.  I can't access Wherigo.com's source code, but I can tinker with the cartridge to figure out what is causing the issue.  It would be good if I also received the Urwigo file as well.

I usually take a brute force approach.  I check it over in the Wherigo.com compiler first.  If it compiles there, I'll look at the files in the GWZ and probably begin removing the media first.  If it still has issues, I tend to remove the author script, then the rest of the cartridge's script.  You could do the same, of course, if you'd like that experience.