trackable decal

Jayeffel

I have an activated trackable decal on my carr window, I did "visit" it for several caches, but it does not show up on my list when logging a cache now. Anyway to get it to work? It has been over a year I believe, never thought about it until today! I think two or three people found it.

The trackable is listed in the inventory of a geocache.  Assuming you didn't drop your car off in a cache ^_^ you need to retrieve the trackable so that it's in your possession.  It will then show up in the inventory when you log your visits at geocaches.

Also I'm moving this thread to the correct forum.

2 hours ago, Jayeffel said:

I have an activated trackable decal on my carr window, I did "visit" it for several caches, but it does not show up on my list when logging a cache now.

There seems to be at least one missing log.  Did you log a Drop into this cache when you found it and then you deleted the TB log?  That would explain it.  You can't move a TB by deleting a log.

If there's a problem of your TB mysteriously being Dropped into caches with no visible logs, you may ask in the Help Center.

Edited by kunarion
2 hours ago, Keystone said:

The trackable is listed in the inventory of a geocache

I never had this  trackable out of my possession- it is fixed to my car window! How someone could claim it and not discover it, I don't know. I have it back now, thanks.

Edit: Now that I have it back, and  backdated to about when it was last used, should I try to go back through my logged caches and add as visited? That is back to last November!

Edited by Jayeffel
add info
18 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

I never had this  trackable out of my possession- it is fixed to my car window! How someone could claim it and not discover it, I don't know.

It was dropped into a cache in exactly the same way you log a "Visit", and on the same day you logged this cache as found.  The TB would be listed in the Inventory of that cache if you made a Drop log and then deleted the Drop log. And you would have received email notifications for the log when it happened.

Edited by kunarion

I saw in a past log that a cacher, one that is the third son of my father, put a picture of the decal which was taken when he discovered the trackable. Info below the picture showed the trackable number, not the one on the decal. I deleted the picture to remove temptation for someone act irresponsibly, just in case it should cross their mind.