Who would like to join online today for cache Go Team International!

I would like to do cache Go Team International!  (GC6DX5H), but to able to find it cachers from 4 different countries have to work together by simultaneously click the Teamwork Required icon on the cache page.  So I'm hoping enough cachers from different countries are on the forum today who are willing to help :) .

I propose to click at 13:00 h CEST (central european summer time, so time in Amsterdam/Berlin etc.). For your convience a link to converter to other worldwide times: link

This is approx. 1 hour and 10 minutes after this post. Thank you very much for joining, I'll post here in this topic if were successful or another time should be sheduled!

Wow! So great to see this forum to be able work together and in such a short time frame, even with all the different time zones! 

I was afraid it might not work since everybody seems to only read (regional) facebook groups nowadays.

So thanks again to everyone participating!

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Vooruit! said:

I don't quite understand how this cache works. Every team member clicks, and then? The coordinates of the cache pop up?

yes, every team member connects to the COs own website via a link on the cache page. When the website detects that it has connections from at least 4 different countries then everyone who is connected at that moment is shown the co-ordinates (and a hint).

2 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

Everyone still has to sign the cache before logging and I'm guessing the cache is in the UK.

Yes, the cache is in London, so unless you're travelling to London one day and sign the log you won't be able to claim a find, you can 'only' share in the joy!

But of course when there is a similar cache in a country you're going to, don't hesitate to ask for help, lots of cachers are willing to help with puzzles etc without ever finding them.

12 minutes ago, Vooruit! said:

In that case, I would like to form a new team!

How about 17:00 GMT+1? I'm from the Netherlands btw.

I'll join again, it will not help you for this cache since we are in the same country, but when you succeed the other similar cache Go Team! will be mentioned to go to next. For this you need 10 people, but they can be from any country. Maybe there will be enough people online and willing to help in about 1 hour and 10 minutes from now!

I’m still confused. So, after clicking, the individuals involved access the coordinates. Do they have a limited time to find? To make sure I understand, hypothetically – I could create a cache in the United States. Three Others from various countries could participate. So, the max would be 4 people knowing about/finding the cache over a set period of time?

Edited by BugLuv
9 minutes ago, BugLuv said:

I’m still confused. So, after clicking, the individuals involved access the coordinates. Do they have a limited time to find? To make sure I understand, hypothetically – I could create a cache in the United States. Three Others from various countries could participate. So, the max would be 4 people knowing about/finding the cache over a set period of time?

The individuals involved will see the coordinates and can find the cache whenever they want. It's like any other mystery cache except the puzzle is now to get 4 international individuals together at the same time. So there is no maximum in the amount of people to know about it or find it, 4 others can get together discover the coordinates for the same cache an hour later or a week later or a month later, as long as the cache is not archived.

So, what's the over/under on when the cache coordinates are posted on a puzzle-solution-sharing page, or has it already happened?

How many of the team members will ask the one who actually finds the cache to add their name to the log so they can claim the find for themselves?

7 hours ago, irisisleuk said:

I would like to do cache Go Team International! 

2 hours ago, irisisleuk said:

I'll join again, it will not help you for this cache since we are in the same country, but when you succeed the other similar cache Go Team! will be mentioned to go to next. For this you need 10 people, but they can be from any country. Maybe there will be enough people online and willing to help in about 1 hour and 10 minutes from now!

I wish this would have been done a few weeks ago. I was in the area and found a few caches fairly close by.  

23 minutes ago, K13 said:

So, what's the over/under on when the cache coordinates are posted on a puzzle-solution-sharing page, or has it already happened?

How many of the team members will ask the one who actually finds the cache to add their name to the log so they can claim the find for themselves?

How is that any different  from any other puzzle (or multi or wherig for that matter)?

31 minutes ago, K13 said:

Given that the cache is in London and three other geocachers from other countries have to participate for all to get the coordinates those in the other countries may be tempted.  There are some that just like solving puzzle caches and likely will never travel to the location to find the physical cache.