Treasure X Trackable came activated by another user

Pathfinder33

So my wife (LolosDream) got a TreasureX trackable in the mail today and it is already activated by another user with 0 hides and 0 finds. 

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=bbc436e9-4a18-436a-a698-587261b5ec4d

This account has 5 new trackables that it shows were activated on Wednesday July 11th. Is there anything she can do about this, or is she out of luck with the new trackable she got in the mail?

V/R 

Pathfinder33

Edited by Pathfinder33

I'd send HQ a mail through the Help Center explaining the issue and the account of the trackable code-only  holder .

Probably numbers generated until hits, not actually "owned" by the person with no hides/finds.

One of those  is also a "Lackey" tag, with the pics of treasure x in it's gallery already.

Edited by cerberus1
tag, not coin
  • Helpful 1
14 hours ago, Pathfinder33 said:

So my wife (LolosDream) got a TreasureX trackable in the mail today and it is already activated by another user

The promotional Tags sometimes have numbering anomalies. I wonder if two have numbers that can be confused with each other. If yours has “0” or “I” or something, look into that. You can also ask in the Help Center.  Yes, two tags with the same number is not unheard of.

Or since these are to be placed for travel ASAP, you could instead drill a couple of big nasty holes in it (so it... um... tends to remain in play), then through one of the holes solidly bolt an attachment of your choice, place it in a cache and log the drop. Post a photo (photos with no Tracking Number shown!). Make a personal note of the tracking number. You can put a “watch” on it, so you get to see it travel.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:14 PM, Pathfinder33 said:

So my wife (LolosDream) got a TreasureX trackable in the mail today and it is already activated by another user with 0 hides and 0 finds. 

I can't explain exactly what's going on, nor cover all the implications.  But today you can see that the mysterious coins have evaporated from the database. :ph34r:

Try to activate your tag now.  If the other tag vanished, yours may activate without conflict.