Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
salts&marbles

Not Able to Login and Access Cachly from iPhone or iPad

I have been using Cachly for a long time, never ever having a problem with it.  We are in Europe and have been using it for a month.  One day, I got a message that our "token had expired" and we needed to log in again to geocaching.com.  Every time I try to login to geocaching.com from Cachly's main screen I get:

"oauth_error_token%20parameter%20cannot%be%20null%20or%20empty"

This is happening on both our iPhone 7plus and our iPad.

I have been in communication with Cachly support and they have been in touch with HQ and neither have been able to solved my problem.

I have deleted Cachly and re-downloaded it several times.  I have also cleared my history.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, salts&marbles said:

I have been using Cachly for a long time, never ever having a problem with it.  We are in Europe and have been using it for a month.  One day, I got a message that our "token had expired" and we needed to log in again to geocaching.com.  Every time I try to login to geocaching.com from Cachly's main screen I get:

"oauth_error_token%20parameter%20cannot%be%20null%20or%20empty"

Here's the Cachly support forum:  http://www.cach.ly/support/

I hadn't had it on my iPad Retina in over a year. I installed it just now and it logged in without even requiring any typing.

Edited by kunarion

The problem went away as soon as we got back in the United States.  I downloaded Cachly again and went to log into geocaching.com from there and it logged me in.

Can anybody with technical knowledge of this issue chime in?

Is/was this an API issue?  Would this affect all API apps used outside the US?  (Well, I'm outside the US, I suppose I could take the chance of logging out, and hoping to log back in again.)

Stuff like this makes me nervous.  I need the API to work when I travel.

I moved this thread to the correct forum section, since it doesn't relate to the Official Geocaching App.