Alerts with volume?

cemeteries

Hi, was wondering how to receive alerts with a volume?

ive noticed cachers have posted that they were just sitting down to dinner and bzz bzz their

phone goes off with a new cache listed. I do have the new listings going to my email, but would like to

have this notification on my phone. There is a bunch around me who seem to get the FTF before everyone else.

As a premium member, you have access to set up notifications to go to your email, including publication.  There is no master notification setting (unfortunately); you need to set up different notifications for each individual cache type.  Volume settings will be per your phone's settings or your specific email app.

More info here.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, cemeteries said:

ive noticed cachers have posted that they were just sitting down to dinner and bzz bzz their

phone goes off with a new cache listed. I do have the new listings going to my email, but would like to

have this notification on my phone.

Notifications go to your email.  I have an email account I set up specifically for geocaching, and set that up on my phone with a specific notification tone for any email received by that account.  ANY email received from geocaching (New cache notification, message notification, TB or Owned cache notifications, etc) generates the tone, but I can quickly see if it's a new cache publication or something else.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, CAVinoGal said:

Notifications go to your email.  I have an email account I set up specifically for geocaching, and set that up on my phone with a specific notification tone for any email received by that account.  ANY email received from geocaching (New cache notification, message notification, TB or Owned cache notifications, etc) generates the tone, but I can quickly see if it's a new cache publication or something else.

The other 2/3rds and I do the same (though my phone's usually off more than on).

For one of the least tech-friendly here, it's simple.    :)

19 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

This is probably the best solution.   Smart phones include a notification service which can be configured to play a specific tone when it encounters a specific event.  For example, a tone for an email message, a tone for an email message from a specific address, a text message, a "calendar" event (aka alarm), etc.  Phones come built in with a lot of tones that can be played or one can use an app likes Zedge which has thousands of tones/songs which can be assigned to a notification event.   Ideally, the official app should have a specific notification event (like when one gets close to GZ when navigating to a cache) when a new cache is published (available only if one is a PM).

Still another option is to forget about the FTF game and all the drama that seems to come along with it and not let the publishing of a new cache interrupt family dinners.

• Upvote 1

At first you need premium to setup new cache notifications. You have to set it up per cache type and distance. You can add an additional email to your account and setup the notifications to that address instead of the regular registered account. You will then have to enable sound notifications on your phone for new emails. If you've set them up to a separate email-account you're able to specify a different sound or louder depending on the email app you are using and phone.