Need Delorme Plugin

HOG1

I'm pretty sure the DeLorme plug-in is no longer available because it no longer works. I only used it a little in the beginning, and never towards the end, so I wasn't paying that much attention, but if I'm remembering correctly, it simply isn't supported by geocaching.com anymore, so getting an old copy likely won't help you even if you have a system and browser old enough that they used to work with it.

As far as I know, the only option now is to copy pocket queries to the PN-40 disk, either by mounting it as a USB drive (requires "new" firmware from the early 20-teens) or taking out the SD drive and writing to it directly. Since you're a basic member and can't do pocket queries, I'm afraid I don't know what your options are. Maybe GSAK?

• Upvote 1
On 8/1/2018 at 12:27 PM, dprovan said:

Since you're a basic member and can't do pocket queries, I'm afraid I don't know what your options are. Maybe GSAK?

Does the PN-40 not accept single cache .gpx files?  Basic Members can download .gpx files from individual cache pages, using the "GPX File" button that is to the left of the "Send to My GPS" button.

Or maybe the OP will find this topic helpful:  Importing Geocaches into older Delorme PN-20, PN-30, PN-40, and PN-60 devices

2 hours ago, noncentric said:

Does the PN-40 not accept single cache .gpx files?  Basic Members can download .gpx files from individual cache pages, using the "GPX File" button that is to the left of the "Send to My GPS" button.

Or maybe the OP will find this topic helpful:  Importing Geocaches into older Delorme PN-20, PN-30, PN-40, and PN-60 devices

The PN-40 allows the user to load one .gpx file at a time. Works fine with PQs holding 1000 caches. Not so useful for a .gpx file holding a single cache.

4 hours ago, dprovan said:

The PN-40 allows the user to load one .gpx file at a time. Works fine with PQs holding 1000 caches. Not so useful for a .gpx file holding a single cache.

Well, since the OP does not have access to PQ's, since PQ's are a Premium Member feature, then one .gpx file at a time is better than none.

Or, are you saying that the PN-40 can only store a single .gpx file?

I have a copy of the plug-in but the plug-in no longer works. I thought that Groundspeak killed it but it looks like Microsoft did it. However you can create a pocket query and send it to your email as a zip file. Open it and drag and drop the file into your waypoints folder in the PN unit. You will need to connect the PN unit to your computer as as drive. Use either internal or sd card.

3 hours ago, noncentric said:

Well, since the OP does not have access to PQ's, since PQ's are a Premium Member feature, then one .gpx file at a time is better than none.

Or, are you saying that the PN-40 can only store a single .gpx file?

I'm not sure a .gpx file with a single file would be better than nothing for most people. By that I mean that the pain would be so great, it would be worth springing for a premium membership just to make it go away.

The PN-40 can store as many .gpx files as there's room for, but it only pays attention to the one you've told it to use. When you point it to a different .gpx file you previously placed in PN-40 storage, it puts the last one aside before turning its attention to the next one.