Which newer GPS units support the where i go format

pgrueser

2 minutes ago, Goldenwattle said:

All GPS units will support you wherever you go, as long as they can access satellites. You preload. I often travel where there is no phone coverage and bulk load the caches. Or do you mean do they display the map like a phone with the caches, without preloading?

They were asking about Groundspeak Wherigo functionality.

None of the current units support Wherigo.  However, I seem to recall one of the Garmin GPS receiver offerings has an Android operating system.  If so, it might be possible to load WhereYouGo on it.  However, that might prove challenging as I've heard WhereYouGo is not listed in Google Play anymore.

11 hours ago, Ranger Fox said:

However, that might prove challenging as I've heard WhereYouGo is not listed in Google Play anymore.

It's still there. I just downloaded it to my phone last week. It's not the most intuitive app to use since it can't access the site and download cartridges directly. The app Geooh has a built-in Wherigo player, but I haven't tried it out yet. I still have my Oregon 450 for Wherigo caches.

23 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

Okay, now I understand, but there was nothing in their question indicating they meant Wherigo.

Just to mess with you a bit, the OP did say, "where I go"...

11 hours ago, Mineral2 said:

It's still there. I just downloaded it to my phone last week. It's not the most intuitive app to use since it can't access the site and download cartridges directly. The app Geooh has a built-in Wherigo player, but I haven't tried it out yet. I still have my Oregon 450 for Wherigo caches.

Good to know.  I'd love to know what people think of Geooh's player app.  I have an iPhone, so can't try it out for myself.

• Upvote 1
On 8/1/2018 at 1:06 AM, Ranger Fox said:

None of the current units support Wherigo.  However, I seem to recall one of the Garmin GPS receiver offerings has an Android operating system.  If so, it might be possible to load WhereYouGo on it.  However, that might prove challenging as I've heard WhereYouGo is not listed in Google Play anymore.

The unit you're thinking of is the Monterra.  It would require wifi to download it and then wifi to download the cartridges as well.  Assuming all things go well, you'd be able to use the Monterra to play Wherigos.