What to do if I found a travel bug that was reissued?

Yascherko

Hello world,

the story is that I've got a travelbug that was considered as missing and was replaced by other item. I want to let them travel again, but it would be confusive if two different objects in different places have the same tracking number. So how should I deal with it?

It can be confusing to have two items with the same tracking number traveling. 

If it's a TB that belongs to someone else, you could contact them. If you're willing to mail one of the items to the owner, then place the other into a cache, that might work out well.  Then the owner has one in case the traveling one disappears.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1

If I understand it correctly, you found the "Duck" trackable in with your stuff and want to get it moving along again.

But you virtually Grabbed the "Smurf" replacement from another cacher who still has it in their possession  (visiting caches). 

- Better to have left it alone as a trackable believed gone.  It was already replaced/fixed  by the TO twice after you.

As kunarion said, I also would have mailed the TO, and asked if they wanted the original back before doing anything else...