Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
agash

E-Mail-Notification: Message from myself

Recommended Posts

I have activated the option "Forward messages to e-mail" in the Message-Center. Everytime I answer a message to an other user I became an email from GC.com: "Geocaching: agash, you have a new message from agash!" Oh really? That's great I answered myself.

Please only forwarding a message, when it comes from an other user.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I noticed that too. Gmail automatically keeps my replies in the same thread as the original MC notification. I don't really need another confirmation of my reply.

 

But if you're going to send a confirmation of my reply, then it would make more sense to say "niraD, you replied to a message from OtherGeocacher" rather than "niraD, you have a new message from niraD".

Share this post


Link to post

I do not have that option checked (Forward messages to e-mail), but I still receive an email notification every time someone messages me. Which seems to be what you want anyways. I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I do not have that option checked (Forward messages to e-mail), but I still receive an email notification every time someone messages me. Which seems to be what you want anyways. I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around the difference.

The email notification when someone messages you is not what this is about.

 

This is about when you reply to that notification via email, and the system automatically adds your reply to the MC conversation, and then the system sends an email notification for your reply.

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, niraD said:

The email notification when someone messages you is not what this is about.

 

This is about when you reply to that notification via email, and the system automatically adds your reply to the MC conversation, and then the system sends an email notification for your reply.

Got it! Thanks for explaining.

Share this post


Link to post

I have the same problem: I have activated the option Forward messages to e-mail in the message center and Send me a notification every time I receive a message in my account settings under Email Preferences. I receive an e-mail every time someone sends me a message thru the message center. This is what I want. But I am also receiving an e-mail when I use the message center to reply someone: "Geocaching: dll_floppes, you have a new message from dll_floppes!". I don't need that copy, I know what I wrote to the other person.

 

Any solution so far to turn this off?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dll_floppes said:

I have the same problem: I have activated the option Forward messages to e-mail in the message center and Send me a notification every time I receive a message in my account settings under Email Preferences. I receive an e-mail every time someone sends me a message thru the message center. This is what I want. But I am also receiving an e-mail when I use the message center to reply someone: "Geocaching: dll_floppes, you have a new message from dll_floppes!". I don't need that copy, I know what I wrote to the other person.

 

Any solution so far to turn this off?

 

It's simple. Just turn off "forward messages to e-mail" in Message Centre. That setting controls emailing the messages you send, while "send me a notification..." in account settings controls emails for the messages you receive.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, barefootjeff said:

It's simple. Just turn off "forward messages to e-mail" in Message Centre. That setting controls emailing the messages you send, while "send me a notification..." in account settings controls emails for the messages you receive.

If anyone at HQ is reading this, the meaning of this setting could be significantly improved by relabeling it "Forward sent messages to my e-mail". It seems like quite a few people confuse this with the setting that sends emails for received messages.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

×