Organizing Geocaching activities in school activities / Organisation d'activité géocaching en contexte scolaire

Lomig1983

Bonjour / Hello,

je suis nouveau ici / I'm new here , je viens de découvrir le concept du géocaching et je trouve ça absolument génial / I just discovered the geocaching concept, and it's awesome !

Je cherche à savoir s'il est possible d'organiser des événements "privatifs" (pour qu'en gros seuls les élèves puissent y accéder) sur géocaching dans le cadre des activités d'intégration à l'entrée au lycée /  I'd like to know if it would be possible to organize a school event in "private", meaning that the geocaches wouldn't be for everybody to find ?

I guess this question has been asked many many times, but I couldn't find anything on the forum.

Thanks for your advice in advance !

Lomig

À ma connaissance ce n'est pas possible étant donné que le concept même du géocaching est que tout le monde puisse les trouver.

At my knownledge you can't do that because geocache have to be found by everybody.

Quelque chose qu'il est possible de faire par contre est de placer vous-mêmes des caches et de ne pas les publier sur le site. Ensuite, remettre une feuille aux participants avec les coordonnées pour qu'il puissent les trouver. De plus, celà permettra de ne pas avoir à se préoccuper de la distance minimale de 161 m entre les caches. Par contre, avec un téléphone c'est plus ardu à trouver.

Something that you can do is hide cache yourself and not publish them on the site. After that you give a sheet to the students with the coordinates so they can find them. The advantage of this method is you don't have to care about the minimum 161m distance between cache. The downside is that they are harder to find using a phone.

• Upvote 2

I have helped schools do a geocaching adventures during their track and field meets or other outside activities.

I did a couple hour lesson on Geocaching then we hide caches that are for the schools use only, they are not listed on GC.Com 

I took coordinates for the temp caches 

Kids with smart phones or GPS's are given a list of coordinates.

Kids who do not have access to electronics are given a list of clues to find the caches.

In each of the caches is a code word that had to be recorded on a game card.

Fill the card in an allotted time and your name goes into a draw for a prize

We have also had individual classes compete against each other to see which team could do all 10 the fastest, top class got a pizza party.

Je vous remercie tous les deux pour vos réponses ! Thanks for your  replies and advice !

Lynx Humble : merci de remettre du cadre là-dedans ! Si ce n'est pas possible sous cette forme, je vais probablement essayer ce que tu proposes. Merci encore !

Coman 123 : It sounds great ! Well, my idea is kinda similar, but I'll steal some of your tips ! ;-)