Geocaching groups

5 minutes ago, Harry Dolphin said:

Looking for North Jersey Geocachers on Facebook.  How do I find them?

Doesn't look like there's a specific NNJ group, but the Central NJ group seems to set up events in NNJ. See for example: https://www.facebook.com/52078280451/posts/on-02-jul-2018-17:30/10156585135850452/

So I guess the CNJ group would be your best bet. :) At the very least, one could join up there and ask about a NNJ group.

If you are near Hagerstown, MD there's an event on 8/4 you might be interested in.  Strange though no one has posted a will attend since publication on 6/17.  I know locally if there is an event like this a few dedicated geocachers are on  hand to help out and ask questions of.  

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC7RC9B_aug-4th-geocaching-in-the-parks-pangborn-park

If you use the new dashboard there is a calendar of events on the right.  I believe you can set the distance you are willing to travel and each day there is an event happening the calendar block will be red.  It's a great at a glance tool to see what's going on during the month.  Just beware that sometimes it produces no results even though there should be some. :)  I think they are still working out the bugs.

You can also view events from the Community drop down menu.  There is a calendar at the bottom by day. Click the day number to see all the events.

You could also try searching for York County Geocaching Society.  I believe they host events every month

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC7V3PT_ycgs-4th-thursday-august-2018

On 7/28/2018 at 8:47 PM, Jayeffel said:

The first one says Central Pa., no other info; the second one i Apparently in Lancaster/Lancaster Co., which is a but far. May check the first one.

That first one has a few "related" groups and shows another one in Lehigh Valley, but that would be further than the one in Lancaster.  Coincidentally, I was in Lancaster yesterday.   You've been caching long enough in your area that you probably recognize some of the more active cache owners.  Perhaps messaging one of them might lead you to an active group in which others are using.  

3 hours ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

active group in which others are using. 

Seems the closest is Maryland Geocaching Society, I messaged a nearby long time cacher and he said one such group was talked about but no-one could come up with a catchy group name. That what I was told. Maybe we can work on something.