Trackables not trackable.

Jayeffel

I found 18 caches, the most in one day so far. In one there were two traceable, one a Travel Bug the other The Travel Lizard. I found another trackable later on. Since I saw no way to record them in my iPhone, I waited until I got home. When trying to do so I disci covered they are recorded as still in the hands of the owner, who had 8 caches since 2016. Another cacher, with I think  3 recorded found caches said he dropped two trackable in that caches early this month. Apparently they were not recorded as dropped,  grabbed, visited or retrieved anywhere. I cannot record then as retrieved since they don't show on the list of trackable at that cache. I recorded in my log that I retrieved them and listed the number on the tags. 

I did send a message to the cacher who stated he dropped two, suggesting he can edit his log to show he did drop them , if indeed it was him who did so. But looking at the bigger picture, if they were in the hands of one person, not recorded as dropped anywhere, their is nothing anyone else can do. I cannot drop them without a record, I cannot merely start the process by initiating them can I. 

You can "grab from somewhere else". That will put it in your inventory.

After you get it in your inventory, I suggest editing your log on the cache in which you found it, to "visit" the TB(s) to that cache and correct the history up to the point you took it. :)

Edited by TriciaG
  • Upvote 1

You don't have to wait for them to be dropped in the cache.  From the home page, click on "Play", then "Trackables".  Enter the code from the trackable to access its page and log it.

There are instances when you might want to wait for a trackable to be dropped into a cache, like it if was just done earlier in the same day.  That gives the person who dropped it time to log it.  But the situation you described does not sound like that's the case.

You may also want to edit your found log which contains the trackable codes, as you could have inadvertently opened those TBs up to virtual logs.

Edited by TyroneShoelaces
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, TriciaG said:

You can "grab from somewhere else".

Figured that out, done deal, Thanks

20 minutes ago, TyroneShoelaces said:

You may also want to edit your found log which contains the trackable codes, as you could have inadvertently opened those TBs up to virtual logs.

Done deal, thanks

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Jayeffel said:

Figured that out, done deal, Thanks

Looks like the TB  TO  didn't know to Drop it in a cache to start, and happened to be the one holding the coin too. 

Same Discovering both.  The dino was accurate when you retrieved it...

Nice to see accurate logs.    Cool.  Nice work.   :)