Monon Trail caches in Indianapolis - Central Indiana

321geocache

Central Indiana cachers might know about this. I noticed that almost the entire series of Monon Trail caches have been disabled, with plans to archive them. Has the Monon Trail outlawed geocaches? I'd be surprised if they did because there are still caches along the trail. Most of these are caches around 8 years old or so.

A link to one of them - https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC2K3CK_monon-trail-34-geobeavis

Not many from that area frequent the forums.  The caches are being archived because most of the locals have already found them.  The original owners aren't as active anymore and they adopted them out.  The new owners are looking to archive them and then open up the area for new caches for locals to go after, be it their own new hides or a bunch of new COs placing ones along the trail.

On 8/5/2018 at 9:01 AM, coachstahly said:

Not many from that area frequent the forums.  The caches are being archived because most of the locals have already found them.  The original owners aren't as active anymore and they adopted them out.  The new owners are looking to archive them and then open up the area for new caches for locals to go after, be it their own new hides or a bunch of new COs placing ones along the trail.

Thanks for answering! Didn't look at this section of the forums and for some reason didn't get a forum notification about this. I was confused about this for a while. Might find a few of the old Monon hides before they're archived.