TB With Invalid Code?

GunsAndShips

I picked up a few TBs from Geocaching HQ when I got the chance to go there yesterday. I picked up this TB and went to log it and it said the code was invalid! It looks to be 3D printed and there's no original dog tag. I've tried switching out the 0 for an O. I have posted a note on the cache saying I have it. I've also searched the current TBs listed in the cache, as well as searched for TBs with "3D Print" in the name. Does anyone know how I could find the page to log it, or is this a lost cause?

0c6fa48b-8951-4bf9-9a0e-e1ec2f636205.jpg

On 7/26/2018 at 2:48 AM, GunsAndShips said:

I picked up this TB and went to log it and it said the code was invalid!

To see if it is even activated, go to the Trackable Search page, under Useful Links select Activate Trackable, then enter the number on the Trackable, if it is Activated you should get a message saying it is already owned. If is in not activated it should go through as such, giving you a Trackable tracking number, which only you know and keep. If it won't recognize the number on the Trackable at all, I don't know. One thing you might try, if it does show up as owned, go to the trackable search screen, enter that Trackable number and if it shows up, in the upper right there should be an action box, select "Grab" -- that should put it into your inventory.  Hope something works for you.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:48 AM, GunsAndShips said:

I picked up a few TBs from Geocaching HQ when I got the chance to go there yesterday. I picked up this TB and went to log it and it said the code was invalid! It looks to be 3D printed and there's no original dog tag. I've tried switching out the 0 for an O. I have posted a note on the cache saying I have it. I've also searched the current TBs listed in the cache, as well as searched for TBs with "3D Print" in the name. Does anyone know how I could find the page to log it, or is this a lost cause?

Hard to read so tiny and grainy with that typeface.  Which is good, since it's no good to post pictures of Tracking Numbers. :ph34r:

Is anything attached?  Is there any info on it about it being "trackable at Geocaching.com"?

I got nothing from that number, either.   I see one Geocacher name that starts with the first half of it, which I dunno, may be a Ham Radio call sign. Maybe it's a prototype using a made-up number.  Maybe it's a clue to something else.  You could ask in the help center.  When in doubt, you may place it into a cache.  But just in case, don't publish the number in a log.

Edited by kunarion