Anti Geocaching Actions - Top This

SPSFC

Just received this found log:

Found it Found it
07/25/2018

Okay, out caching tonight and found this one....with no ability to repair. It seems some jackwagon decided to urinate in the cache. Needs to be replaced!!!

GC3J9Y1 - Bofer Road 30

If only there had been rattlesnake lurking nearby!

owner:  rcbpasco

aka SP&S Fan

Disgusting! I highly recommend adding a warning to the cache page regarding bodily fluids. Just to cover your liability. Post haste!

And why is LadyLaw claiming a find when she obviously didn't sign the log? Just kidding!  ?

I've heard of this happening before. Thank goodness not to any caches I have to maintain! 

1 hour ago, cerberus1 said:

We've found a couple that more than "topped" that, but this gives them the reaction they might be looking for.

I have found one like that (and many that had a generally stinky unidentified fluid).

There was a bird house in an RV park, with a juice bottle cache container hidden inside.  I found and opened it, noticed everything was "wet".  Water is not unusual in this kind of container, but inside a birdhouse, I wondered why there was water inside.  And as I was retrieving the log, the urine smell hit me.  And I was on a trip elsewhere.  I was not ready for every contingency.  But I had towels, hand wipes, and a small bottle of dish soap.  I discarded everything porous, washed and dried everything else, placed a clean log, and put it back together, clean and dry.  I wrote to the Cache Owner and told the story.  I do not highly recommend "fixing up" other people's caches, especially where there's evidently an issue.  But he's a friend of mine, and I had to... "wash up"... anyway. :blink:

And in my public "Found It" log, I wrote that "it was wet". 

One of my caches was an ammo box on a rope.  Pull it a few feet up into a tree.  After FTF, somemuggle wandering the forest placed a poop inside, and returned the cache to its place.  The next finder was understandably grossed out.  I convinced her to change the log to simply "Muggled", and I archived it.  In both cases, I hope, not the reaction that the perps were looking for. ;)

Edited by kunarion
1 hour ago, rcbpasco said:

What is scary is this is the third occurrence this month.  It may be time to poke the archive button for this hide.

Personally, I would have archived it after the second occurrence. I see that you've now moved it a short distance away, but I bet it will happen again anyway. Clearly someone knows all about your cache and is getting a kick out of messing with it.

• Upvote 1

We found an ammo box cache and when we opened it, there was a dead chipmunk inside.

And it was locked shut so there was no chance for it to have gotten in on it's own.

One can only hope that whoever did that came to an untimely end after to help purify the gene pool.

Edited by BCandMsKitty
spelling
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, BCandMsKitty said:

We found an ammo box cache and when we opened it, there was a dead chipmunk inside.

Are you sure it wasn't a hamster?  I ask because, after a certain amount of time has passed, it becomes hard to tell the difference.

In the event that it was a hamstercacher who exercised poor judgment in selecting a cache that isn't found often enough to be a good gamepiece in our little trade item sub-game, then I sincerely apologize on behalf of all responsible hamstercachers for the unpleasantness that you experienced.

• Funny 1
Just now, The Leprechauns said:

Are you sure it wasn't a hamster?  I ask because, after a certain amount of time has passed, it becomes hard to tell the difference.

In the event that it was a hamstercacher who exercised poor judgment in selecting a cache that isn't found often enough to be a good gamepiece in our little trade item sub-game, then I sincerely apologize on behalf of all responsible hamstercachers for the unpleasantness that you experienced.

:lol:

Pretty sure it was a chipmunk, but I guess you never know.