Editing a Log From DNF to Found?

geo climber

Sometimes I'll log a cache as DNF and then return later to find it.

Is the proper procedure to leave the DNF log entry or to edit it to Found and remove the DNF? For example look at GC5613Y that I logged today after DNF yesterday.

It seemed redundant to leave two entries only a day apart. But if they had been weeks apart with other entries made between then I would have left both.

Any advice?

Edited by geo climber
39 minutes ago, geo climber said:

Is the proper procedure to leave the DNF log entry or to edit it to Found and remove the DNF? For example look at GC5613Y that I logged today after DNF yesterday.

It seemed redundant to leave two entries only a day apart. But if they had been weeks apart with other entries made between then I would have left both.

Any advice?

Create a new log in this case. 

Pkus, if you just edit the log the CO won't get a notification that you returned and found it.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, geo climber said:

Any advice?

Why bother to ask?  You already changed it...

Leave. :-)  Useful info for you, the CO and subsequent cachers.

The only times I’ve (sort of) broken my own rule is by not posting my draft DNF log, on the few occasions I’ve gone back and found the cache later on the same trip.  My Found log will detail both visits, but even then, with hindsight, I think posting both of the logs would have been better.

• Upvote 1