Updating Coordinates

georunner912

The Reviewer is already expecting you to log your  "update coordinates" log, but you're too far away.  600' a bit far away...

You'd now have to ask that same Reviewer for help if you want it changed.

I wouldn't attempt to "game the system" at all. 

- You've already caught the attention of your Reviewer, believe me, they're probably keeping track.

So ...  mail the Reviewer, or archive the hide and start from scratch?

58 minutes ago, NanCycle said:

You can "game the system" by moving it say 500 ft and later moving it the other 102 ft.

And the reviewer would see both of those logs, and make a note to themself saying "this is a person who doesn't follow procedure."  All your future actions would be scrutinized closely.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Keystone said:

And the reviewer would see both of those logs, and make a note to themself saying "this is a person who doesn't follow procedure."  All your future actions would be scrutinized closely.

OK, I won't do it again.   I thought I was just saving the reviewer some unnecessary work. 

1 hour ago, Viajero Perdido said:

It would appear that reviewers can get auto-notified of any update-coords logs in their area.  Amiright?  It would explain the near-instantaneous responses I've seen.

Makes sense. They have to check that the new spot isn't too close to another physical stage or cache.

On 7/24/2018 at 12:07 PM, georunner912 said:

So I know how to update my coordinates in a log and I have done that before but now I have a geocache that is  602 feet off and the log won't let me update them.  How else can I do this?

I am having a similar issue. People logging my cache were suggesting it be hidden better to avoid being muggled. I have hidden it 30 feet away and updated the coordinates using the 'Update coordinates log', but the updated coordinates aren't showing in the app and when I navigate the cache using a different account, the app still leads to the original coordinates. Any ideas on what's going wrong? Does it just take a while for the coordinates to update online or is there a bug?

Thanks everyone

Edited by 4LeesLooking_
Was just clarifying