Sign in to follow this  
Followers 6
wayfrog

Absent Leaders and Unresponsive Officers

The leader of a group says she was never the leader and doesn't waymark anymore. The only other active officer will not respond to any messages and wayfrog has to approve my submissions. I would love to be the leader and clarify some confusion in the description. First step?

Are you a member of the group? If so, maybe you can ask the leader to promote you to officer. Then the leader could resign and I think designate you as the new leader. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My Roadside has been waiting 9 days, which isn't long at all! But I'll have a knot in my stomach until Walter White's tombstone is reviewed and I know I didn't do all that work and someone beat me to it. ūüėĀ

The others can wait! 

Edit: I retract that last statement. I also don't want to lose the first fairy door waymark in Oklahoma! 

Edited by Max and 99

2 minutes ago, vulture1957 said:

I'll have to go over and visit your door, and find one for me!

Well if they accept one waymark per door, you're in for a treat! It is amazing! If I come across another one I'll let you know so you can waymark it.

Could someone with access to the Unusual Signs category go to the group and release my vote? I didn't mean to cause a problem. I based my waymark on a similar one locally, but apparently it has caused doubt among the officers. I'm sorry!

Can you please release the waymark?

Thank you!

On 12/25/2019 at 5:54 PM, RakeInTheCache said:

Interesting strategy! Now on to Octagonal Buildings. I have reached out to Silver Quill a couple of times without a reply.  Any advice?

I realize I'm coming into this a month late, but check with Marine Biologist, as she'd mentioned to me once that she knew how to get in touch with Silver Quill.

I also saw a reference to Team Min Dawg in another comment:  We'd worked together in the Starbucks category, but appearances from her dwindled, and she finally stopped responding to my texts.  I have a feeling that she's off enjoying possible retirement, and I got in touch with wayfrog awhile back about the Starbucks category, which is now in my hands.  "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

Palindrome and Unusual Signs waiting since Jan. 13. One has been in group vote for too long. 

Beat you, I have one in Murals longer than that.

I have one in municipal flags waiting since May 2019, i think you are impatient :laughing:

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Alfouine said:

I have one in municipal flags waiting since May 2019, i think you are impatient :laughing:

My record is 960 days. I don't really care about a single submission waiting, if it is not something that is special to me.

51 minutes ago, fi67 said:

My record is 960 days. I don't really care about a single submission waiting, if it is not something that is special to me.

Imagine the waymark is declined, will you submit it again with new arguments ?

1 hour ago, Alfouine said:

Imagine the waymark is declined, will you submit it again with new arguments ?

It depends on the reason. If it's a mere formality, like missing variables or something similar, no problem. Additional pictures, especially with special requirements are a problem after such a long time.

But usually waymarks do not go to vote for formalities, more often they are borderline cases, where not all officers agree if a waymarks does really fit a category. And once this is decided, a precedent has been set and the case is clear. (in theory at least, it does not work at all like this in reality, because almost all voters will never come back to check the results.)

• Upvote 1

My palindrome waymark was important to me! Thank you wayfrog for approving it on palindrome day!

Just now, Max and 99 said:

My palindrome waymark was important to me! Thank you wayfrog for approving it on palindrome day!

Oh, oh, thanks so much for the reminder, now I have to go out (heavy rain and dark) to find a cache. 

THANK YOU wayfrog.  That's a lot of Murals.

As one of the officers in Municipal flags, please let me know which waymarks you are referring to as there is nothing coming up on my list of waymarks to be approved.

• Funny 1

8 hours ago, Bernd das Brot Team said:

As one of the officers in Municipal flags, please let me know which waymarks you are referring to as there is nothing coming up on my list of waymarks to be approved.

I've just sent a message for you with the waymark.

If you can not see it, it's a bug.... and i could wait...

Edited by Alfouine

Toto in the Animal Memorials category has been waiting 22 days to go home.

On 2/14/2020 at 9:11 PM, Max and 99 said:

Toto in the Animal Memorials category has been waiting 22 days to go home.

:omnomnom:

Posted (edited)

LEED buildings:  Waymark posted on March 30,  2020. No reactions. Leader last logged on Macrh 17, other two officers last  logged in 2017 and 2018 :). So, what will be the next step?

PS: similar situation is in Holocaust

Edited by Dorcadion Team

5 hours ago, Dorcadion Team said:

LEED buildings:  Waymark posted on March 30,  2020. No reactions. Leader last logged on Macrh 17, other two officers last  logged in 2017 and 2018 :). So, what will be the next step?

PS: similar situation is in Holocaust

I've put my name in the hat on both if officers are needed.

On 5/13/2020 at 3:42 AM, iconions said:

I've put my name in the hat on both if officers are needed.

THX, hopefully leaders will accept the offer of new officers pool :)

Hello Wayfrog,

Apparently a lot of old waymarks to validate in Pennsylvania Historical Marker and New Jersey Historical Markers

I can help if necessary.

Thank you for Don

10 hours ago, Alfouine said:

Hello Wayfrog,

Apparently a lot of old waymarks to validate in Pennsylvania Historical Marker and New Jersey Historical Markers

I can help if necessary.

Thank you for Don

I'd be interested in helping too. I have several waymarks in both those categories and visit Pennsylvania and New Jersey quite frequently.

Thanks!

I have a butterfly garden waiting.

5 hours ago, elyob said:

I have a butterfly garden waiting.

Thank you very much!

• Love 1

On 1/20/2020 at 5:36 PM, vulture1957 said:

I'll have to go over and visit your door, and find one for me!

I don't know if that was a "poke in jest" - prolly not - but it WAS good and proper funny!!! :D

Keith

Posted (edited)

Hello, I was a WM WM12VDB  waiting since 19 of july

Dartmor granite

Edited by Ariberna

I think your waymark is not part of this category, it is not "Dartmoor Granite"

• Upvote 1

On 6/6/2020 at 12:37 AM, elyob said:

Thank you very much!

How long was it since the officers logged in?  If the category really is abandoned, it would be better for all if someone who was interested took over the management rather than having wayfrog approve the waymarks out of hand.  I would assist in the operation if you would like to take over the leadership of this butterflies category. My interest in taking over a category usually increases when I submit a waymark and discover the category is abandoned. During the course of the operation, the deadbeat officers are replaced by interested officers who regularly approve submissions so the workload of leadership eventually becomes minimal and we maintain our wonderful diversity of categories while reducing the frustration of other waymarkers.

Edited by RakeInTheCache

On 6/5/2020 at 8:21 AM, Alfouine said:

Hello Wayfrog,

I can help if necessary.

Thank you for Don

As i asked for butterflies, how long was it since the officers logged in?  If the category really is abandoned, it would be better for all if someone who was interested took over the management rather than having wayfrog approve the waymarks out of hand.  I would assist in the operation if you would like to take over the leadership of these categories. My interest in taking over a category usually increases when I submit a waymark and discover the category is abandoned. During the course of the operation, the deadbeat officers are replaced by interested officers who regularly approve submissions so the workload of leadership eventually becomes minimal and we maintain our wonderful diversity of categories while reducing the frustration of other waymarkers.

14 hours ago, Alfouine said:

Thank you for you offer but i just offered my help, no need for me to be a leader or take over a category

Yes I guess you really only need one active officer to keep a category going.  I think wayfrog has some magic way of promoting regular group members to officers, especially if the leadership team has gone AWOL.  A leader is only needed if the category needs to be updated;

Thank you wayfrog for reviewing pending waymarks. image.png.35cf875aa68235f2193150dc0fa48c19.png

It is estimated that wayfrog approved pending waymarks in 50 categories on July 6th, 2020.

I have looked at all the categories in "Group Details", and it is concerning that there appears to be a consistency with leadership/or officer and a significant number of the same officers in these same groups. 

I have followed wayfrog's approvals for several years now, and some of the same categories are still needing wayfrog's attention.

Most of these groups have open enrollment with a few exceptions:

American Revolutionary War Veteran Graves

Compass Rose

Devilish Locations

Holy Wells

Mountain Bike Trailheads

Outhouses

Spring Houses

wayfrog, is it possible to open enrollment for these categories?

• Upvote 1