Absent Leaders and Unresponsive Officers

wayfrog

5 hours ago, Dorcadion Team said:

LEED buildings:  Waymark posted on March 30,  2020. No reactions. Leader last logged on Macrh 17, other two officers last  logged in 2017 and 2018 :). So, what will be the next step?

PS: similar situation is in Holocaust

I've put my name in the hat on both if officers are needed.

10 hours ago, Alfouine said:

Hello Wayfrog,

Apparently a lot of old waymarks to validate in Pennsylvania Historical Marker and New Jersey Historical Markers

I can help if necessary.

Thank you for Don

I'd be interested in helping too. I have several waymarks in both those categories and visit Pennsylvania and New Jersey quite frequently.

Thanks!

On 6/6/2020 at 12:37 AM, elyob said:

Thank you very much!

How long was it since the officers logged in?  If the category really is abandoned, it would be better for all if someone who was interested took over the management rather than having wayfrog approve the waymarks out of hand.  I would assist in the operation if you would like to take over the leadership of this butterflies category. My interest in taking over a category usually increases when I submit a waymark and discover the category is abandoned. During the course of the operation, the deadbeat officers are replaced by interested officers who regularly approve submissions so the workload of leadership eventually becomes minimal and we maintain our wonderful diversity of categories while reducing the frustration of other waymarkers.

Edited by RakeInTheCache
On 6/5/2020 at 8:21 AM, Alfouine said:

Hello Wayfrog,

Apparently a lot of old waymarks to validate in Pennsylvania Historical Marker and New Jersey Historical Markers

I can help if necessary.

Thank you for Don

As i asked for butterflies, how long was it since the officers logged in?  If the category really is abandoned, it would be better for all if someone who was interested took over the management rather than having wayfrog approve the waymarks out of hand.  I would assist in the operation if you would like to take over the leadership of these categories. My interest in taking over a category usually increases when I submit a waymark and discover the category is abandoned. During the course of the operation, the deadbeat officers are replaced by interested officers who regularly approve submissions so the workload of leadership eventually becomes minimal and we maintain our wonderful diversity of categories while reducing the frustration of other waymarkers.

14 hours ago, Alfouine said:

Thank you for you offer but i just offered my help, no need for me to be a leader or take over a category

Yes I guess you really only need one active officer to keep a category going.  I think wayfrog has some magic way of promoting regular group members to officers, especially if the leadership team has gone AWOL.  A leader is only needed if the category needs to be updated;

8 hours ago, Ariberna said:

I don't know was hapend with thus WM.

https://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/wm1398K_The_world_Cachamua_O_Pereiro_de_Aguiar_Ourense_Galicia_Espaa

Pending since 10/19/2020 

I wrote to wayfrog three times and nothing...

On 5/14/2014 at 1:59 AM, BruceS said:

For waymarks stuck in limbo, often times it really has little to do with how active leadership is, as it requires something that even active officers seldom do, that is going to the group page. Unfortunately waywizard and checkmark wayfrog can't directly release them, it is something that other powers at Groundspeak must do.

I wrote @kaschper69 to free the vote, if this shouldn't work I'll pass it over to GS.

43 minutes ago, iconions said:

Municipal Parks and Plazas.  This is an awfully big category to only have one officer, and that officer not be on for almost two months.  I'm more than willing to assist with this category - I think one more will be needed.

If you need I am available too

On 3/20/2021 at 6:26 PM, ScroogieII said:

I just joined the group and sent lenron a note volunteering to become an officer.

Keith

SUCCESS - New (old) blood in the Grain Elevators category. There were three, all from the Okies, waiting in the queue, 2 for 33 days. Admirable patience, Hamquilter!!!

So Waymarkers, send in your elevators, preferable century+ old wooden elevators, standing majestically against a cloudless sky, alone and forlorn on the wind swept prairie.

Keith

Edit: "waiting in the queue, 2 for 33 days" - Actually 30 days; February has only 28; I was erroneously thinking of January.

Edited by ScroogieII
  • Upvote 1
On 4/11/2021 at 11:36 AM, RakeInTheCache said:

BTW it looks like Wayfrog approved a bunch of my waymarks in the Skyscraper category.  I did sent an e-mail to members of the group volunteering to be an officer but received no reply.  Maybe I will send an e-mail to wayfrog to make me an officer.

I thought Wayfrog had called a vote in the Skyscraper category many days ago to promote me to officer but no news back.  In additional I have a waymark sitting in the Carousels category.  Another distressed category...

Edited by RakeInTheCache

Carnivorous Plant Localities is seemlingly now in an abandonned state as wayfrog has been approving the more recent submissions.  I have requested wayfrog to bump me up to an officier so we can get some vote action going to bring new life to the officer group.  Do let me know if you are interested in becoming an officer in this category.